17

What should I do?

The left side of my neck was torn and my right hand was spattered on the floor.  My intestines were peeking through the hole in my stomach. I was soaked in blood, not just my own but also of the dead bodies lying on the floor. My Holy Sword was lying on the floor and Zara was looking at me with an evil grin on her face.  It was pitch dark and I was fighting Zara, a ferocious evil spirit. What else could have been more worse?

I was worried about Isabella more. If I died, she would not survive. I had to make it out alive but as long as I didn't get on my feet, nothing could be done. I had to stand up. 

I gathered up the courage and tried to stand up. I was about to stand when Zara hit me on the head and I fell on the floor once again.

She looked at me with greedy eyes. It looked as if she wanted some blood like a blood-thirsty vampire. It looked as if she wanted to feed on some dead bodies like a ghoul. Vampire. Ghoul. Demon. Evil.

I looked at the other end of the hallway and realized something. My face lit up as I saw the morning light coming inside from the window. I was happy and relieved and that served my spirit and gave me the courage to stand up.

I heard some footsteps coming nearer as the light was coming in. I saw the figure of a girl running into the hallway with a sword in her hand. Isabella.

Zara realized that she couldn't harm me this time. My wounds would eventually heal when the light would fall on them.

I didn't want that chance to slip away from my hands. I stamped the floor with my fist and as the first ray of the light fell on my head, I stood up. My neck was bent to the right side as the left side was broken. My stomach area was bleeding heavily.My one hand was fine but the other was brutally spattered on the floor but now I didn't feel any pain as the sunlight was healing those wounds slowly. I stood up again but it was too late, Zara already escaped. 

"Shit!"I muttered.

My wounds were still bleeding. The light would heal my wounds slowly. 

I heard Isa yelling as she hugged me,"I told you! I told you that we would defeat her together but you didn't listen to me! See, what she has done to you!"

She was crying. From the other end of the hallway, I saw Ryan coming to my direction with Diana. As I expected, as soon as he came across me he hugged me and Isa tightly. Diana was standing there. She was with Ryan.

Ryan asked,"Ana! Are you alright?"

He asked me if I was alright. He was so dumb. He was asking it to me even after seeing my wounds.

I wiped Ryan's and Isa's tears away and said,"It's no time to cry. We have to hurry. Soon, the dark clouds will cover the sun."

"What do you mean?"asked Isa, confusingly.

I replied as I always do,"It was the God's grace that for sometime the light was here. It was required so that it could heal the wounds of the guardian angel. God knows everything. But the power of the Satan is no less. This place is cursed. Soon, the darkness will come and the evil spirits will gain energy. It's not our time till we defeat them."

I got nearer to the window and the light healed my wounds slowly. I got my hand back and my neck and stomach were back to normal. Just after that, the dark clouds covered the sun as I expected. This academy could never be happy until Alma was here.

I said to everyone,"We don't have time to fool around. We shall continue our search. I'll go after Zara!"

Isa said,"I'll go along."

"No!"I yelled.

"Why?"she asked.

"We don't have time to discuss it!"I said to her and left.

I had to find Zara. She was strong.

Ryan

I saw Ana going on her own to fight Zara. I saw Isa crying. I went near and embraced her tightly. I knew we were all in a very difficult situation. I lifted her face up and wiped away her tears. She looked at me with pleading eyes. She was in a piteous state. 

I said her in a consoling manner,"Isa! Don't cry. I'm with you. We all are with you. We'll fight till the end."

She looked at me and smiled. I longed to see that pretty smile on that cute face. But for now that cute face was covered with blood and that pretty smile seemed to be broken. I couldn't see Isa suffer this way. There was a pain that I felt when Isa was hurt. I just couldn't see her cry. I don't know why I felt this way. Was Ana right? Did I really fall in love? Is this what you call love? I have never ever felt like this before. It's only been three or four days since I knew Isa. When I first met her, I was really amazed at how cheerful and pretty she was. I somehow felt that I should always protect her. I should always be there to wipe her tears away and take all the pain away from her.

Did Isa feel the same about me? I didn't know.

Suddenly ,she said,"I'm going now. We still need to find Alma."

I said,"I won't let you go alone. Let me.."

She cut me off in between as she said,"No! We'll search separately just as Ana said."

She was stubborn indeed.

I followed what she said and waved goodbye to her. Diana was following me. Diana told me that she wanted to be by my side. I just couldn't understand why the hell was she doing so. I was not some little kid who would get lost in the school. 

Meanwhile, we decided to go to the infirmary to search. The path was covered with blood just as I expected it to be. The sky was covered with black clouds and the wind was raging angrily. The more I moved, the more it sped up. The darkness and grief of this school haunted me ever since I was here. But now I knew the reason behind it. 

I know it is not easy for anyone to bear the darkness and the pain. But the sun always shines brightly after a stormy day.

I always kept that thought in my mind whenever I was in a difficult situation. 

Bad situations will always hinder and haunt you. But it is only the pain that makes one stronger than before.

Diana pulled me to her side as she said,"Watch it! There's a dead body in front of you!"

I kept the trail of my thoughts aside as I heard her voice. I realized that I was going to step on the dead body of a girl. She was having no limbs and her internal organs of her stomach were visible as her stomach was slashed badly. Gore, I realized.

The smell of fresh blood meant that someone killed her just now.

I left the dead body and went on.

We reached the infirmary and I was about to pull the door when I heard someone singing:

"Feel the pain

You creature insane

Shut your eyes

Come inside

It's where the demons hide"

<><>

Hey dear readers! Sorry for the late update. So ,think and tell me who is singing? Till then bye bye.