7

"Don't you dare tell my past!!" yelled a voice and I knew who it was. It was Alma. She hit hard on Ryan's head and I rushed towards him and he was unconscious. Blood was flowing out of the cut that he got on his head. His mouth was trembling as he was trying to speak,"I..sa..., don't.....worry......I'll.......protect...you!" 

"Don't speak!"I yelled.

I saw Ana with her sword on and she said,"Isa, take this and sprinkle it on Ryan's cut!"

She gave me a bottle filled with a transparent liquid. I opened it and as she said, I poured some droplets on his cut and his cut became even deep.

"Ana! What's this? He's bleeding even more!"I yelled at her.

"But I gave you the holy water!"she said.

"No! Look he's bleeding!"I yelled back as tears were flowing out of my eyes.

Ana searched her clothes and realized that while coming to the infirmary, she dropped the holy water somewhere. She mistook and gave me a solution of some acids that she always kept with her so as to protect her. The bottles of the holy water and the acid looked the same. 

"Oh no!"Ana yelled as she fell on the ground, sobbing. "I'm useless!"she said.

"No! You're not!"I yelled at her."Stand up and lets fight together."my voice became soft as I said that. I rushed towards her and gave her my hand,"Lets fight together."

She smiled and nodded, her eyes filled with tears. We looked at each other and then at our surroundings. We looked at Ryan who was lying on the floor. He groaned in pain and we both rushed towards him. I pulled out my handkerchief and put it on Ryan's cut so that it didn't bleed any more. I looked at his face with teary eyes and said,"You're not even involved in this. I'm sorry. I'm sorry."

Anastasia looked at me and at Ryan. She was also crying and feeling helpless. I saw Ryan's hand suddenly trembling and rising towards me. He put his hand on my cheeks and I held it tightly and he said,"Isa...don't...worry...everything....would.....be.....alright......"

I screamed,"Alma! Where the hell are you!??Why are you doing this?"

Ana held her sword and swayed it in the air. Suddenly, a red light appeared and then she yelled,"Alma!"

I looked at the red light and suddenly Alma emerged. Her sword detected where Alma was. Ana  gripped her sword tightly and looked at Alma,"Alma! Stop this! You'll end up in hell!"

"I'm already in hell!!"said Alma as she laughed hilariously.

"I want blood! Blood! And Blood! I want sadness to reign this academy. I want the reign of terror. Reign of fear. Reign of nothingness. Reign of evil and the reign of hell!" Alma laughed at the top of her voice as she said that.

I came to this academy two days ago and just in two days, Alma turned my life to hell. Nonetheless, in two days, I made two new friends and they were my strength in bad times. Just in two days, my life turned to hell but heaven as well.

A white cloud of sparkle appeared and that was made by Ana's sword. The cloud carried Ryan along with it and Ana pulled me along with her out of the infirmary. A black shadow was still following us. Probably, it was Alma's shadow. It was midnight and silence reigned everywhere. The trees were silent. Not even a single leaf moved. It was as if time had stopped. But no, the time never stopped. I didn't know where Ana was taking me but I knew that it would be safe. She was my guardian angel, after all! She looked like a shy, quite and serious girl from her looks but she was a total opposite. She was fierce, brave and talkative. I was delighted to have her as my friend. Not just friend, my best friend.

I was tired and panting heavily and I saw Ana was tired as well. Alma was still following us. I looked behind. A black silhouette of a girl with red beaming was following us. She was Alma. She was still following us. But when we reached out of the academy, she stopped at the gate. And then we stopped. 

"Oh God! Finally she stopped!"I said as I let out a sigh of relief.

"It's not over yet. Ryan is still bleeding heavily."replied Ana.

I remembered about Ryan. He was hit hard on his head. And even worse, I sprinkled droplets of acid on his wound. I asked Ana,"What should we do now?"

"Just one way."replied Ana as she looked at me.

"What is it?" I asked, curiously.

"Lets take him to the church."she replied.

"Church?Do you really think the church would remain open at this time?"I asked as I found her idea foolish.

"The Almighty always defends us. The time doesn't matter. God is always there to help us."she smiled at me as she said that.

I smiled back and believed in what she said. Her words had a deep impact upon me. 

"Shall we?"she asked pointing on the right side of the endless road.

"Surely."I replied.

We started rushing towards the church. Meanwhile, on our way, I asked her,"Why did Alma stop at the school gate?"

She replied,"She is bound by something that doesn't let her come out of the academy. They are the memories that don't let her come an inch out of the academy. The memories she had with her friends, Zara and Richard. The memories of the Room No. 13. They are stuck like a gum to her and they don't let her come out of the academy."

"But I've heard that spirits don't let anyone escape. I mean how were we able to escape from the academy?"

"Isa, as long as you're with me, you can escape from the academy. You can just simply take my help and get outta this mess. But I don't want that to happen. I want everything to end up properly. You are the only one who can once again bring happiness and salvation to this academy. If you leave, leaving everything behind then Alma's spirit will keep roaming here and there and sadness and agony will reign. After 84 years, some other girl will come and suffer the same. I don't want you to leave this academy. But if you wanna leave then you can."replied Anastasia as her face grew sad.

"Do you really think I'm that selfish? I'm not gonna leave you and Ryan and let both of you suffer. We are friends after all!"

"Yep! We are friends!"

"I want to know how Alma died."

"I'll tell it to you when we reach the church. Alma won't come there."

I thought to myself Alma, I'll defeat you.

<><>

Hey dear readers! What do you think is Alma's past?Think and tell me. Till then bye bye.