9

"Why?"

"I'll tell you why. It's because Alma's spirit has a connection to that room. She is connected to that room. She has some beautiful memories that she spent with her friends but the woeful and painful memories also reside in that Room No.13. The more you'll stay there, the more you'll be able to know about Alma's life. Alma's spirit will hurt you as much as it can. You have to stay strong. The happiness of this academy depends on you. Moreover, Anastasia is with you. You don't need to worry much. But be careful. You'll have to balance between your school life and your fate. You are the one who can change your fate. Have the courage to change your destiny the way you want it to be!"said the priest.

My spirits were lifted up. The encouragement could be seen on my face. But I was worried as well. What if I am not able to bring down Alma? What if I lost someone beloved? What if I lost Ana? These questions were rattling through my mind. I was thinking and thinking about what would happen if I failed. I saw a hand on my shoulder. It was Ryan.

He said,"Don't worry, Isa. We are always there for you."

Ana approached and hugged me as tears were flowing out of my eyes. She said,"Isa, don't be a crybaby. This beautiful girl looks ugly when she cries."

Ryan and Ana laughed and I joined them. They both wrapped their arms around me and pulled me closer in an affectionate hug. I was so happy to have them. True friends are always like that. They console you, cry with you, make you happy and the best thing they do is that they never let you feel alone. They never let you feel solitude.

The priest said,"I think you should go back, shouldn't you?"

We nodded and headed back to the school. We entered the school and we checked the time. It was 4 a.m. We got in our rooms to have a nice sleep but all in vain. I couldn't sleep because Alma was there.

I laid on the bed and looked at the ceiling. Alma was sitting there. I could see her.

I asked,"Hey! Spec Queen! Don't you have other things to do? You just sit there and in your free time, you come and haunt me! Go somewhere out, can't you?" My inner side was trembling with fear as I was messing up with a spirit. But from outside I pretended that I was fearless. She stared at me with deadly, wide-open, eyes. The redness and the sadness could be detected in her eyes. She didn't do anything to me. She looked at me once and pulled out her sword and started slashing her arms. Black blood was flowing out of the cuts.

"How strange!" I said and went inside the washroom. Again, I pretended in front of her that I was fearless but when I got into the washroom I cried. Cried a lot. Tears were flowing out of my eyes. I was so scared but the priest told me to stay calm. I had Ana and Ryan with me. I didn't need to worry. But 'cause of me their lives were in danger.

I got out of the washroom and dressed up. I adjusted my hair. It was my first day. It was the first day I would go in front of my class. It should have been two days earlier but because of the mess I faced, it couldn't be possible. So this was my first day, actually.

I heard a voice 'knock-knock' on the door. I opened it and saw Ana and Ryan standing there.

Ryan asked,"Are you ready for your first day?"

"Yes, I am"I replied as I smiled.

We started going downstairs and I heard someone hushing and humming. I looked behind and to my horror I found that Alma was following us. Her rugged school uniform and bloody hands would make anyone scream in fear. I signaled Ryan and Ana that Alma was following us. They looked behind and saw Alma.

"Why the hell is she following us?"asked Ryan.

"I don't know."I replied.

"Let her follow us. She's not doing any harm to us, is she?"said Anastasia.

"What if she becomes violent?What if someone sees her?"I asked.

"Dumbo! No one can see her! Only we see her! And if by chance she becomes violent, we'll handle her."replied Ana.

We quit talking and walked silently down the stairs. We let Alma do what she wanted. She just followed us. We got out of the hostel and started rushing towards the school campus.

Again, that atmosphere filled with grief haunted me. The students out there with grim expressions on their faces scared me. Why the hell couldn't they be happy? I knew the reason. The only reason behind this was Alma. Alma's death changed everything. It took away the happiness of this school. It made everyone miserable and sad. It changed the meaning of friendship. That was why no one had friends there. Solitude. Just solitude reigned. That was what haunted me as well as the things like trees, stars, moons , clouds and everything. Everything.

We made our way to the classroom and I sat on my seat. To my surprise, I found that no one was roaming here and there and talking to each other. In my previous school, we talked till our home room teacher didn't arrive in the class. This was strange. Very strange. I was sitting behind Ryan and Ana was sitting behind me. I noticed that Alma was sitting on the window sill and was looking outside. I didn't know the reason why she was so calm today. I kept looking at the window sill where Alma was sitting. Her bloody clothes and hands, her broken head, her scarped wrists, her bloody mouth, her scar, I looked at everything.

"Don't look at her like that and melt your heart."I heard Ana's voice.

"My heart is not melting."I replied.

I pinched Ryan on his back as Ana told me to do so.

"Why did you do that?"he yelled and looked behind.

"Ana wants to tell something"I replied.

Ana said,"I didn't tell you before. But I think I should tell this to you."

"Tell us what?"I asked.

"Tell you about Alma. I want to tell you the reason of her being calm today."she replied.

"What is it?"

<><>

Hey dear readers! Sorry for the late update. I'm going through my exams. Thats the reason for the late update. What is the reason that Ana's talkin' about?Think and tell me. Till then bye bye.