Chapter Three

Zack's POV

"Nothing?" Paige asked.

"I-I swear nothing." I said, still gazing in one direction.

"Oh. So, you weren't staring at Alice Alverez?"

"Her name's Alice?" I looked at Paige and she had an annoyed look on her face. "Okay, I wasn't staring." I lied.

"Then what were you doing?"

"I-I was, um, just asking myself if she was a teacher because she looked older?"

"That was a question. Zack, don't lie to me."

"I'm not." I sighed. "Anyways, you should dance at ALDC again." I said, hoping to change the subject.

Truth is, I was amazed by this Alice. She was gorgeous, like she was Paige gorgeous. That says something. Light brown, straight hair, that goes to her shoulder blades. Her eye liner and mascara really help her bright blue eyes stand out. Her sparkly lip gloss and light patch of freckles across her cheeks are adorable. She's beautiful. But then I look at Paige.

"What? No!"

She has hazel eyes that stand out without makeup. Her bouncy blonde curls. The way she looks in a lazy bun and sweats. Her kisses. Her hugs. Her everything. Wow, I love Paige.

"Please?"

"No! Why?"

"I want to see you more often!"

"I'm not going to dance again."

"Please, for me?"

"Why don't you ask Alice?" She gave me a face.

"I don't want to ask Alice! I want to ask you!"

"Tell me the truth about Alice and I'll think about it."

"Okay. Yes, Alice is very pretty and I might have a slight crush but you're the one I love. You're mine forever. She doesn't compare to you. Please, just dance?"

"A slight crush huh?"

"Paige, don't overreact!"

"Overreact? Okay, I'm going home with Maddie. See you tomorrow."

"Paige!" She had already walked off.

****skipping to tomorrow

Paige's POV

I woke up to my alarm like usual. Got in the shower, got dressed, ate breakfast, grabbed my backpack, and left for the bus.

The bus ride is only fifteen minutes and I was off in no time. I quietly walked to my locker and put in my things. After shutting it, I glanced over saw Zack walking towards me. Great.

I quickly looked to my right, then to my left, finally spotting Dillon Grahm. He's a not-so-popular, not-so-nerdy guy. But he's cute enough to get Zack jealous.

"Hey, Dillon." I smiled.

"Oh, hey, Paige." He smiled back. He nodded and his friends quickly left.

"Do you want to be my lab partner in science? Mrs. West said I can sit next to whoever I want." I smiled again. I looked over and saw Zack listening.

"Oh, that'd be totally cool!"

"Cool, so I'll see you in science?"

"Yeah, totally! Bye, Paige." He smiled and left.

"Paige!" I heard Zack say.

"Yes?" I asked innocently.

"Why were you talking to him? Why did you ask him to be lab partners with him? I thought you were going to ask for us to be lab partners?"

"Yeah, but I think I have a crush on Dillon, no big deal though." I silently laughed.

"A crush? No, you're dating me!"

"Don't you think you're overreacting?"

"Overreacting? Oh, you're referring to yesterday. I get it, very funny." I smiled as he said this. "Well, I'm not going to be mad."

"Two can play this game!" I said. "Actually, I think I'm going to go hang out with Dillon before class starts!" I laughed before I walked away.