Chapter Nineteen

Paige's POV

No. Not again. Whyyyyyy? This isn't fair! Zack and I are suppose to live happily ever after! He isn't supposed to cheat on me again!

"Paige! Please talk to me!" Zack called helplessly behind me.

I didn't turn around, instead I kept walking. I don't know where I'm going though, but who cares?

"Paige!" A boy asked as he turned the corner. I couldn't make him out because my tears had blurred my vision.

"Paige, stop." He said.

I didn't stop, I pushed him away. I surely do not want to talk to anyone right now.

"Paige!" He pleaded.

"What?" I growled.

"Paige, it's me." I knew who it was. It was Drew.

"Drew."

"Come here." He said as he pulled me in for a hug.

I let my tears fall into his shoulder, wetting his shirt.

"Paige! Drew? Dude, let her go!" Zack said.

"No!" Drew said hugging me tighter.

"Paige and I need to talk."

"Do you really think Paige wants to talk to you? After all you put her through? I heard this is the second time! How could you be so inconsiderate?"

"Paige? Listen to me?"

"Do you know how bad it hurts to see the one person you truly love kiss another person? Do you know?" I spoke up.

"Yes, I know."

"And how would you know? I have never done that to you!"

"I know-"

"Well, have fun with this one." I laughed.

I stood on my tippy toes and grabbed Drew's neck. I pulled him forward until his lips met mine. I felt his lips turn into a smile. I let go.

Zack was looking away. He had tears in his eyes.

"You don't even know what happened! And neither does Paige! Listen to me, Paige. She kissed me! I was playing tennis with Drew, I wanted to go take a shower before I was going to pack to come home. I got out, I went to my dresser to look for a shirt when she came in. She had been bugging me for the past three weeks, I kept telling her in had a girlfriend but she wouldn't leave me alone!"

"Anyways, she-Jordan-told me she'd leave me alone if I just kissed her once. Clearly, I refused! About five seconds before Drew barged in, she pushed me onto my bed when I was off guard. Of course she jumped on me and kissed me! I swear on my life that I didn't kiss her. She kissed me."

"I-I don't know if I can believe you." I sniffled.

"Paige, you have to!"

"Um, I-I have b-book club in ten minutes. S-Sorry, I should go." Drew said as he walked away.

"Paige, believe me."

"I c-can't." I said.

"Then come with me, I'll prove it." He said pulling me.

"Fine."

We walked until we found that same girl-black hair with purple streaks, bright blue eyes, and a light purple dress to match her hair.

"Stay here." He said to me. I stayed and listened to their conversation.

"Jordan!"

"Yes, Zack?" She smiled.

"Why'd you kiss me? Totally uncool."

"Sorry, I couldn't resist." She bit her lip.

"So, do you usually follow people around for three weeks, sneak into their room while they're showering then push them then kiss them?"

"No. Just you!"

"So, you admit to following me around, no matter how many times I told you I have a girlfriend, and forcefully kissing me?"

"Of course!" She giggled.

"See Paige? I told you!" Zack said as he walked back over to me.

"I'm going to kill her!" I said as I walked towards her.

"No you're not." He said holding me back.

"Why not? She almost ruined my happily ever after!" I said angrily.

"Almost?" He raised an eyebrow.

"Shut up and move." I growled.

"I think this will make her mad enough." He smirked. He picked me up from my waist and spun me around. I couldn't help but laugh.

"Attention everyone!" He yelled. "This girl here is my amazing, beautiful, gorgeous girlfriend-soon to be wife-Paige." He smiled. "Paige, we've been dating for three years. We're total high school sweethearts. Look, I know we've had our ups-and definitely our downs- and I know we're only nineteen, but I know my feelings and my feelings say that I love you and ONLY YOU! You're perfect in every way and I just want to call you mine forever." He once again pulled a box out of his pocket and got on one knee.

He opened it and a one diamond ring with our anniversary engraved around it.

"I know you like everything plain." He smiled. "Paige Mackenzie Hyland, will you marry me?"

"Of c-course." I stuttered.

He stood up, grabbed my waist and lifted me up. I grabbed his cheeks and kissed him.

"I love you." He whispered.

"I love you too." I looked at him and thought. "I love you and that's why I'm ready."

"What?"

"You know... I'm ready. C'mon." I pulled him back to his room.

Once again, that night was history.

K, guys, OFFICIALLY THE LAST CHAPTER! NEXT BOOK WILL BE CALLED: That Perfect Life (Paige Hyland). READ IT NOW!

Votes and comments!
💙Cailee