Chapter Seventeen

Paige's POV

Today's the day Zack leaves. It's Friday. I know he's still mad but I have to say goodbye. I pull into his house.

I walk to the door at the same time he walks out.

"What do you want?" He asks.

"I'm here to say goodbye."

"I didn't request a goodbye from you."

"I don't care. I'm your girlfriend and your getting one." I wrapped my arms around his neck.

"I'm not letting go until you say goodbye back." I smiled.

"Paige, let go."

"You heard what I said."

"Fine. Goodbye, Paige."

"Hug me back." I said.

"Fine." He wrapped his arms around my waist. "There now let go."

"Tell me you love me and that'll you'll video chat me every night at eight."

"Oh my god, Paige. I love you and I'll video chat you every night." I quickly kissed him before letting him go. "Now leave!" He said.

"Fine. Goodbye."

........................................................................................................................ Few months later... Christmas break!!!

"It's nine o'clock! Why hasn't he video chatted me yet?"

"Paige, calm down." My roommate, Jamie, giggled. She has light brown hair and brown eyes, she's very shy but good at basketball. "You're computer beeped, it's probably him. I'll leave you two to talk. Bye."

"Bye." I smiled.

"Paige?" Zack asked.

"What was so important that made you blow me off for an hour?" I asked.

"Um..... I had a... Um.. Science project I had to finish. Sorry, babe."

"Science project?"

"Uh, yeah. It's pretty cool. Uh, Drew ditched me, so I had to finish in my room by myself."

"Oh really? Can I see it?" I asked.

"Uh, why?"

"Because, you know I'm a total science geek. I could help you out and make sure everything's good." I smiled.

"Well, I would but... I already turned it in!"

"When I told you to turn in your late math homework, you said all teachers leave at six?"

"That's because I turned it in before they left."

"But you just said that you just finished and that's why you had to blow me off. Is everything okay?" I asked.

"No um, what I meant was... Um ..." There was a knock at his door. "Um, give me a second." I nodded my head.

"Um, it's Drew. He needs help with social studies. Um, love you, bye."

"Wait!" I said.

"What?"

"If it's just Drew then why did he knock? He lives with you."

"Oh, I forgot to tell you! I can't make it home for Christmas! I'm leaving for Indiana the second week of Christmas break to apply for some dancing job."

"Why don't you come for the first week of break then fly back for the second?" I asked.

"Mom doesn't want to waste money! Sorry, I have to go. Love you! See you Easter, I promise."

"Bye."

"Well, looks like I'm flying to Chicago tomorrow." I whispered.

"What?" Jamie asked as she entered the room again.

"Oh, I'm flying to Chicago tomorrow, since it's Christmas break, to surprise him for a week."

Votes and comments!

💙Cailee

"Oh cool!"