Chapter Five

Paige's POV

"Hey? It's Zack. Well, you probably already know that. Anyways, call me back?" I listened to Zack's voicemail.

"I'm going to bed... Night:)" I texted Dillon.

"Night, Paigey.:)" he texted back.

After that I fell asleep.

"Paigeyyyyy! Goodmorning!" I woke up to a text from Dillon.

"Morning!" I texted back.

"See you at school."

"Kayyyy."

"Morning;)" Zack texted me.

I tossed my phone onto my bed as I got dressed. I put on a white shirt that says 'One Direction' on it, blue skinny jeans and black converse. I applied makeup and straightened my hair instead of curling it. I ate breakfast, grabbed my back pack and left for the bus.

"Happy valentines day, Paige!" Maddie yelled. She had a bunch of chocolate and a rose, probably from Brayden.

"You too!"

"Happy v day to all of you!" Nia laughed. She had kind of the same thing as Maddie. Kenzie has a stuffed puppy and chocolate. Chloe doesn't get anything till after school when she sees Josh, since he graduated last year.

"Where's your presents, Paige?" Maddie asked.

"Um-"

"Right here." I was cut off. I turned to see Dillon, he was holding a little teddy bear and a red rose.

"Huh! Is that Dillon?" Kenzie nudged me in the ribs.

"Aw, thank you. That's so sweet."

"You're welcome." He gave me a shy smile. "So, I was wondering, would you want to go to the dance with me tonight?" He asked.

"Oh um, I-"

"Oh, it's okay. You don't have to say yes."

"It's just-"

"You still have feelings for Zack? I get it."

"Dillon, I-" he already started walking away.

"Dude, he's cute!" Nia laughed.

I haven't told you what Dillon looks like yet. Well, he has light blonde hair, big green eyes, really tall, and rosy cheeks. He plays guitar and he plays baseball.

"Yeah."

"Wait, you and Zack are still dating? I honestly thought you were dating Dillon." Kenzie giggled.

"Well, I was originally just talking to Dillon to make Zack jealous because of Alice but now.... I actually think I like him."

"You do? Oh my gosh!" Maddie gasped.

"I dont know, really don't. Yes, I may like him but I love Zack."

"True. Well, wanna have a sleep over tonight? All of us girls, just like old times. I think Kenzie is finally old enough to come too!" Chloe said.

"That'd be amazing!" I laughed.

"Hey, what about us guys?" Tyler pouted.

"Girls only!" Chloe yelled.

"Pleaseeeeee?" Alex asked.

"Why do you want to come Alex?" I asked.

"Oh, Nia didn't tell you we are back together?"

"No." We all giggled.

"But please?" Brayden pitched in.

"Okay, I'll see what I can do." Chloe smiled as she gave in. "I'll have to sneak you guys in late."

"We're cool with that!" Tyler and Alex bumped fists.

The bus ride was short. I went to my locker when I found out a note.

"Right outside, now!" It read.

I grabbed all my stuff and threw my back pack into my locker. Then I went outside.

"Dillon? I thought you were mad at me?" I asked.

"I was but I need to tell you something. I don't care what feelings you have for Zack. After all the things you have told me about him, he sounds like a jerk who keeps breaking your heart. I need you to know that I will never treat you like that. Paige, I think I love you." He said before leaning in and placing his lips on mine.

I tried to pull away but couldn't, I was to shocked. I didn't know he felt this way. There I stood not able to move while kissing Dillon. Wow. I finally managed to pull away from him.

"Um, I have to go." I said.

"Alright. Think about it, Paige."

I went back into the school. I ran into the last person in my list I want to see right now, Zack.

"These are for you." He said while handing me a stuffed bear that was bigger than me and, my favorite, a dozen of white roses.

"Paige, I thought I like Alice until I actually spent time with her. I've realized I don't even like her one bit. You're the one I want, the only one I want! I love you! I. Love. You. Paige. Hyland! Only you! Please, can we just stop playing this stupid game?"

"Um, I-I." I was debating whether or not to tell him about what just happened with Dillon and I. I decided not to. "I've got to get to class. Bye." I smiled as I kissed his cheek.

The day went by fast and I was on my way home before I knew it. I was already packing to go to Chloe's.