Chapter Ten

Zack's POV

"Zack! You need to wake up!" I quickly shot out of bed and stared at my mom, who was standing by my bed.

"I'm awake!" I argued.

"Well, you're late for school."

"What! What time time is it?" I asked as I frantically searched through my closet for clothes.

"Eight o'clock. You better hurry." She said as she walked towards my door.

"Wait!" I stopped her, "Why'd you let me sleep in?"

"Happy birthday, sweetie." She said as she kissed my cheek.

"Oh, thank you." I smiled.

"Now get dressed, so I can take you to school."

I quickly dressed in a white shirt, which was covered by a blue and grey striped sweater, black skinny jeans, and grey vans. I put my hand under the warm water from my sink, and ran it through my hair, then brushed it back.

I brushed my teeth and grabbed my back pack. Mom decided to take me to breakfast, so it was around ten o'clock when I showed up to school.

"Bye, love you." My mom said as she pulled up to my school and placing another kiss on my cheek.

"Love you too."

I went to my locker and dropped off my stuff then walked into the main office.

"Ah, Zackery Torres. Why are you in my office?"

"Nice to see you too, Mr. Tutors." I chuckled. "Anyways, I over slept and need a pass."

"Alright, what period are you in, third?"

"Yep." I replied.

"Here you go. Do not be late again." He said as he handed me a pass.

"Thank you, sir, and I won't be."

I entered third period and all eyes immediately turned to me. I felt my cheeks start to burn up.

"Do you have a pass, Zack?" Mr. C asked.

"Um, yeah, here." I said as I handed him my pass.

"Good, take your seat. We are working on our notes, please take them out. I projected them onto the board."

"Yes, sir."

I took my seat next to Caden and took out my history notes.

"Zack!" I heard Paige whisper.

"What?" I asked as I turned to face her.

"I didn't think you'd be here."

"Well, here I am." I smiled.

"Good!" She giggled.

"I should not be hearing talking! Finish your notes!" Mr. C yelled from his desk.

"Some body woke up on the wrong side of bed!" I chuckled.

"Or it's just because he's had a bad hair day for the past ten years!" She snickered.

"Excuse me! I just told you all no talking, did I not?" He asked as he got up out of his desk. "Please put away your notes and put everything on the ground except for an pencil. Pop quiz." He grinned evilly.

Everyone groaned as we followed his orders.

The quiz wasn't to hard but it wasn't super easy. I probably got a C on it, history really isn't my thing. I'm more of a math guy, Paige likes science.

Paige loves Astronomy, I don't know what it is but she LOVES it.

The rest of the day went quick. They all sang happy birthday to me at lunch and announced my birthday in sixth period announcements. Now it's time to go hang out with Paige. Yay. I'm nineteen now and I won't be childish, Paige, I promise.