Chapter Eighteen

Paige's POV

The plane ride was very boring, like very! I had my headphones in and listened to classic on replay the whole way! Man, I'm a geek.

Wow, remember when I actually was a geek? Yeah, those were the days. Big square glasses, braces, I was super quiet, never popular, and then came Zack. How did he even like me? All the girls were all over him, but yet, he chose me. Then the year after that, I got my braces off and switched to contacts. I still have things to remind me of those days. Scars. Yeah, remember? So many scars. Oh, remember juvie? Ha, that was good. Zack and Chloe cheating? Mental hospital? That crazy guy that tried to kill me? Geez, so many memories.

Anyways, back to what I'm doing now. I signaled a taxi and put my things in. After about a twenty minute drive, I arrived at Joffery.

"Paige?" I turned to see who called my name.

"Drew!" I squealed as I ran and gave him a hug.

"Nice to see you." He smiled.

"You too. How've you been? What are you doing for break?"

"I've been good and staying here of course."

"Oh, cool."

"You here to see Zack?"

"Yes! It's a surprise! Do you know where he is?"

"Uh, we were playing tennis for fun like ten minutes ago until he got a text and said he was going up to our room to take a shower so probably still our room."

"Thanks!" I smiled.

"No problem." He smiled back. "Want me to help you with your stuff up there?" He asked nicely.

"Yes please!"

He pulled my suitcase and I held my makeup bag. I was so excited to see him so I kept at a jogging pace.

"Wait up! Our new dorm's to the right! I'll go in and tell him I have a surprise!"

"Good idea."

We stopped in front of the door and he unlocked it. I heard Drew gasp.

"What the hell, Drew? Get out! What are you doing in here?"

"What the hell are you doing! You idiot!" Did Drew just cuss?

I walked in to see what was going on. I gasped and my hand shot to my mouth. Tears rushed down my face.

"P-Paige?"

It was Zack... With his shirt off.... With a girl... You get the point.

"Paige!" Zack called as I ran off.

I ran until I was out of breath.

"Paige!"

"GO AWAY!" I screamed.

"Let me explain!"

"NO! THIS IS THE SECOND TIME!"

"Paige!" I took a breath and exhaled.

"No. Leave me alone. I-I never want to see you again. Ever."

"Paige. I-I had a surprise f-for you."

"I don't care!"

"Look. I wasn't going to Indiana. I was coming home to ask you something."

"I SAID I DON'T CARE! LEAVE ME ALONE!"

"Paige! Stop!" He grabbed my arm and I said tears going down his face too.

"You're so fucking pathetic!"

"Don't say that! I'm sorry!"

"This isn't something you can patch up with two pathetic words!"

"Paige! LOOK AT ME!"

"Why? Why did you do this!"

"Paige! I need to know you love me! Paige-" he took something out of his pocket and got on one knee. No! He's pathetic. "Paige, w-will you marry me?"

I wiped away a tear and sucked the rest back. "N-No. I-I don't think I-I can."

"Paige."

"No. I can't. Leave me alone. I. Hate. You!"

"Paige! Don't say that, you don't mean it!" He grabbed my arm.

"Oh, but I do." I smiled before tugging away and running.

"Paige!"