Chapter Thirteen

Paige's POV

"Good morning." Zack said.

"Morning." I said.

"Finally, today's our last day." Maddie smiled.

"I know, I'm going to miss it." I said.

"Miss what?" Nia laughed.

"Miss this. Miss these early mornings, all of us meeting up, laughing about stupid things, just everything." I said.

"True. I guess we'll all miss the little things." Joey-Joe-snickered behind me.

"Shut up, dude." Brayden snapped.

"Hey now. I was just agreeing with you all." Joe said.

"You know what!" Zack said as he walked towards Joe.

"Whoa, Zack, calm down." Brayden said as he grabbed Zack and pushed him back.

"Jeez." Joe huffed.

"Bus is here!" Maddie yelled, changing the subject.

"Yeah, like we can't see the giant yellow bus coming towards us!" Zack snapped.

"Excuse me?" Maddie asked, looking annoyed with Zack's attitude.

"You heard me, Maddie."

"Zack?" I asked as I boarded the bus.

"What?" He snapped.

"Can we talk?" I asked.

"Why?"

"Because, I'm your girlfriend, you're my boyfriend, and we need to talk."

"Oh, great." He mumbled.

"Okay, what's up with you?" I asked as we sat down.

"What? Nothing." He answered.

"Zack, it's not nothing!" I yelled.

"Just stop." He got up and left, leaving me confused.

-----------Skipping to end of the day----;)

"Chloeeeeeee!" I squealed.

"Paaaiiigeeeeeyyyy." She squealed back.

"I'm going to go grab my back pack, then I'll meet you right here, okay?" She nodded.

I rushed to my locker and grabbed my things. After about five minutes of rushing, I made it back to Chloe's locker.

"You ready?" She asked.

"Yep." I said.

The walk to the bus maybe took two minutes. I trailed Chloe, my footsteps right behind hers, as we entered the bus. I felt a tug on the shoulder before I boarded.

"Paige, can I talk to you?" I turned to see Joe.

"Uh, sure." I said nervously. I nodded to Chloe to tell her I'd be a minute.

"So, um, I was wondering-"

"Actually, I should go. The bus is leaving in a minute and I don't want to have to sit with a stranger." I gave my best fake smile before turning around.

"I'm pretty sure Chloe'll save you a seat." He said before turning me around again.

"I don't know, Chloe might no-"

"Paige, will you go to the graduation dance with me?" He blurted out.

"Um, what?" I asked confused.

"The graduation dance, you know, the prom?"

"The prom?" I thought. "Oh, yeah. I totally forgot! That's tonight! Wait! Did Joey really just ask me? Doesn't he know I'm dating Zack? Doesn't he know I'm going with Zack? Wait! Zack hasn't even asked me! What the? Zack hasn't-"