Day 2

Marco woke up beside Star in the hospital bed, his hand was linked with Star's cold hand. He turned to the clock. 6:00 am. Marco realized that he needed to go to school. But he didn't want to leave Star. It took 10 minutes for Marco's parents and Star's parents to convince him to go. He got his bag from his parents as he went to school.

Ms. Skullnick entered the room as the class quieted down. "As much as you're going to like it, and I'm sure you will, we won't be studying math for today," she said. Everyone sighed in relief while others cheered while Marco just sat quietly in his chair. "We will have to study about a certain legend, said the principal, whose reasons I didn't bother asking," Ms. Skullnick added. Some students groaned while others stayed quiet.

(SMALL AN: this is where some things won't make sense and im gonna explain it later, and its made up so it has NOTHING TO DO WITH A REAL LIFE EXPERIENCE, not that i know of but there is a BIG SPOILER ALERT for this story if i tell you WHY marco still goes to school. just you wait, young padawans... like, after a few weeks *insert evil laughter*)

"There was once an man who died,"

("Great, a story,")
("Shut it, it's not my fault you're forced to listen to this," Ms. Skullnick hissed.)

"As I was saying, he died and he went to heaven. That's where he met someone else,"

("Oh God, romance,")
("Some parts aren't romantic, most of them involve my fist in your face," Ms. Skullnick mumbled.)

"She called herself Briar Maddison,"

("What kind of name is that?")
("What kind if name is Esteban Julio Ricardo Montoya Dela Rosa Rmirez?" Ms. Skullnick replied.)

"She let him bring souls to heaven unless they want to return. And those souls who returned said that he asked them to give them three tears of pure love after a month,"

("The...end?")
("Don't get your hopes up," Marco muttered.)
("Thank you, Marco," Ms. Skullnick said.)

"Although he kept returning to help those who wanted to live again, he also searched for his soulmate. They say he gives you visions of him and his soulmate," Ms. Skullnick finished.

Marco was intrigued. "And how would you reach out to him?" Marco asked. Ms. Skullnick only looked down and said under her breath, "You'll have to trust Star." And she left without another word.

---

"Where are we going?" Star asked in Cassie's body. "We're on a road trip Starship! Hey that rhymes, can I be as amazing as Lin-Manuel Miranda?" Byron asked while smiling. Star sighed and looked out the window of the car.
Time passed by as Star looked around, making side comments here and there.

"Oooh McDonalds!"
"Is this New York? I feel like a new man!" ("You're a girl, Star," Byron whispered.)
"What's the Mystery hack? Wait, why did the 'S' fall?"
"Hey look! A statue of an upside down dorito! Aww, that's a cute little top hat!" ("You mean a nacho?" Byron asked.) ("THEY MAKE STATUES OF NACHOS?!" Star said as she grasped dramatically.)

"Oh by the way," Byron said as he drove to the entrance of the hospital. "You can't tell anyone about this, like Fight Club." "What's Fight Club?" Byron sighed as he handed her a vial tied to a necklace chain. "You'll need this for your tears of pure love," he said.

Soon, they went inside. Right outside of the room where (it happens, get it?) Star's body was, she saw River and Moon. "Mom... Star whispered. Soon, they walked out of the room, along with Marco's parents. The only one there was...

"Tom?" Star whispered to herself. Walking into the room, she reminded herself that she's in someone else's body, so she had to act like she didn't know them. "Hi," Star/Cassie waved. Tom looked up from his seat and eyed Star/Cassie. "Who're you?" He asked. Star could tell that he tried to not be rude. "I was just wondering, uh," Star was at loss for words. "who is she?" she managed to say.

Tom looked back at Star's unconscious body before saying, "She's a friend." Star was shocked. She didn't hear Tom say 'Starship' like he used to. Or 'ex-girlfriend'. "She fought in a war, not that you would understand," he added quickly. Star/Cassie shook her head, "It's fine, tell me more," she said. Tom brushed Star's golden locks before taking a deep breath and said, "She killed her enemy, but he stabbed her. I felt her life force beginning to fade away. She fell by her best friend's side." "Best friend?" Star/Cassie asked. "Her soulmate," Tom said. He emphasized the word 'soulmate' to make his point clearer.

"And before the war, I should have told her that I'm sorry. We used to date, but she knew it wouldn't work out. And those efforts to make her mine again just went down. I accepted that, but I didn't tell her how sorry I am," Tom said. He let a single tear escape his eye. Star gasped (mentally, so it wouldn't be obvious) as she saw Tom's tear.

It was white and glittering. She looked down at the vial. It filled 1/3 of the vial with a white and glittering substance. "Well," Star/Cassie started. "I think she'd forgive you." She smiled as Tom returned the smile. Then his smile disappeared.

"Star," he whispered. "I can feel her life force coming back." Star smiled as she looked at the unconscious body.  She knew that it was only a few amount of her life force that came to her original body but she kept smiling

"She'll return..."