Ill

The golden-haired woman returned from another self-training. Hange oriented them with the new ration. Petra listened in and also did what she could to provide food for them.

As her horse stationed by the stable, she shook the dust from her boots and confidently walked back inside the shop. She found the floor clean and shiny as usual.

Before she laid her foot, Levi gripped her ankle. "You do notice I just cleaned it, do you?" She nods slowly then lets her ankle go from his hand. His grip was somehow hard, but gentle enough not to hurt her.

He then exhaled and looked blankly at her for more orders and assignments. "Since there aren't people that much coming for now, I'm allowing you to do whatever you wish!"

He frowned, "And what'll happen to you?"

"I think I want to rest. I'll be closing the shop temporarily, you can do anything you want, but please be back so you can watch over as well."

"Alright." Levi said and got himself out of the shop. Petra heaved a tired sigh and relaxed herself on the bed after changing her outfit. She was now wearing a simple duster, fit for the afternoon.

Then she remembered it was almost lunch time.

Her head snapped back up from the bed and she grumbled for remembering just now. Petra speedily ran downstairs to the kitchen to prepare food.

It was a good thing there were still a little more. But it won't last forever. She chopped some vegetables, braced the beef and boiled the water. Her mind was begging for its rest. But she couldn't leave them both to starve.

And she wouldn't want him to think that she didn't do enough.

As she wore an apron, she waited for 10-15 minutes for the soup to fully cook. Within those minutes, she found herself sitting tiredly on a chair. She was wondering why would she feel this way just now?

She didn't do any strenuous activity from the last days since Levi arrived. He almost did most of the job for her. She didn't like it, he was suppose to supervise her with the job, not do it for her.

With more thoughts eager to do in her head, she heard the wooden door swing open and it revealed Levi. She shot up with a tired smile and rushed to the soup. Her hand recklessly touched the pot, to the point where her hand retreated from the stimulus.

She seethes her teeth in pain. He frowned. "Oh! I'm sorry! Wasn't...careful..." She says and slowly picks up the hot gloves. She lifted the cover and grabbed a ladle. With the smell of the soup, she felt like she needed more than that.

Levi stood up, noticing her expression getting weary after smelling the soup, so he grabbed two bowls and a spoon for the two of them, setting it onto the table.

"I was gonna do that..."

"You don't look like you were going to." He replied, moving to the spot where she was starting to carry the pot. "I'll do it." He says but she shook her head rapidly. "I am fine. Please, sit down."

He felt her head, and his expression changed with concern. He instantly grabbed another set of hot gloves and carried the pot to the table. She inwardly sighed in relief, and she felt like she wanted to lie down.

"You're warm."

"There is no need to worry...! I am fine." She said again with a weak smile. "What have you been doing?" He asks, and he too was surprised. It was a long time before he felt concerned for somebody.

"I trained."

He frowns, "Trained, for what?" She looks down. "I...fight." She answered and his eyes slightly widened. "You fight?" She nods. "Is that why you leave everyday in the morning?" She nods again.

"What else?" He rests his elbow on his lap, waiting for an answer. "Maybe I've been working too hard, the days before you got here...and I think...someone is sick from where I go to usually."

He stood up from his seat, looked at her, then without hesitation, carried her in his arms. "Leave it to me, to man the shop." He mumbled and she felt even more weak. The way how he carried her was so easy, he barely grunted.

She remained relaxed in his arms until he laid her carefully on her bed. He pulled the covers, wrapping her in it. "You'll rest, until you feel better."

She was about to protest when Levi came back from downstairs, carrying a small basin with cold water and a cloth bathed in it. He starts squeezing it until it squirts water, dripping.

Levi then folded it neatly and pressed it to her head.

His eyes were trained on her eyes. "Thank you...but you didn't have to do this...and what about lunch? You need to eat." He shook his head. "I'll forget eating for now. I'll go back here with the soup." He says and went back downstairs.

Petra sighed and closed her eyes for the meantime. She thought about what would happen next while she's ill. She wouldn't want to burden him. She felt like he would hate to do big things for her, but he still does it up to now.

She was glad, but at the same time, she was worried if the job was too much for him. Huh, and she was worrying about this? A minute later, Levi came back up with the bowl in his hands. He sets it on the side desk, and she sat up carefully.

"Levi, it's alright, I can do this on my own."

"I don't want you making a mess. So I'll do it until you rest."

"This wasn't in the job description."

"Whatever."