Griswald Ackerman

The fight has ended on Kenny and Hange's side. Both panted for breath and wiped the blood off their skin. "You did great, kid." Kenny gave her a sincere compliment and with that, Hange smirked.

"I could say no less to 'Kenny The Ripper'." She replied. Though as Kenny turned around, he couldn't believe what he saw with his own eyes. He felt his own breath hitch. And he felt his heart stop beating.

Hange came to see what was going on on her best friend's side. She heaved a loud gasp. And dropped the gun she was holding. Watching the scene helplessly.

Petra took a moment to look at her enemy's face and to reward herself for her awareness, but things took a great big turn for her. And that whom she stabbed, wasn't her enemy. At all.

Her own breath hitched.

She felt her heart shatter.

And her eyes were more than watery once again.

"L-L-Levi...?"

She stared at his face as blood ran down from the sides of his lips. "No..." She closed and opened her eyes, forcing that sight before her wasn't true. "No...nononono..." She whimpered.

Levi already felt his lungs tighten, and his heartbeat slowing down every second. His eyes were tempted to close itself. He wanted to see her face. At least before dying from her own hands.

The guard behind her cackled evilly. "He has now faced his fate!" He laughs again, which angered Petra more than ever, blackening her heart. "YOU!" She ran to him, stabbed him, and grabbed the sword, cutting off his head.

Levi fell straight on his back, and he already felt himself go limp. The Ral woman wailed and ran to him, holding his body to her lap. "LEVI...I DIDN'T MEAN TO-" She gasped. "WHAT HAVE I DONE..." She cried.

Kenny dropped on his knees, watching his nephew slowly dying. And Hange shook the whole time. Suddenly, Levi lifted his hand, caressing his lover's face one last time.

"I'm sorry...for everything."

She stopped. "I love you...Petra, more than anything...more than gold...more than the world itself..." His voice was cracking. She felt more tears running down her face. "No...please...tell me this isn't the end!" She cried.

"Levi please tell me you'll live! YOU'LL LIVE, RIGHT?!"

There was silence in the air, and Levi was struggling already. With Petra holding him close to her as tears dropped on his chin, then down to his neck. "Levi...please...don't leave me anymore...you remember the time you accompanied me in my room?"

His eyes almost closed, but he fought for it to stay open. "Y...es." He uttered, but as he talked, he grew more cold and stiff. But Petra wasn't letting it happen.

"You took care of me...you protected me...you made me happy...and you loved me, most of all. How could I ever leave you if you gave your heart to me? And mine to you?"

"I can't lose another light, Levi! I need it to find our way out! If I lose you..." She sobbed, "I would just lose myself! And I'll lose everything!" Petra cried out.

"Levi! I love you so much! I'm not giving you up! Y-You can't...leave me! You can't leave me like this! Please!" She pleaded, touching his forehead with hers. "Pet...ra."

Hange felt tears stream down her face.

And soon, he felt a tear fall from his eyes. His heart has stopped beating, but he had very little breath left. "Petra...my love...take care of him...our...son." He shot her a weak smile, before his hand fell from her cheek and down to the ground.