Nightmares

It was a cold evening when Petra and her father were out on the fields. As usual, the young lady stooped down to smell the beautiful flower. They both know it was a little late to be out, but she insisted due to her love for nature.

Mr. Ral sat on a wooden chair, smoking his pipe peacefully while watching his daughter bury herself within the flowers.

Petra giggled with joy and began plucking out 3-4 roses. She went to the left where the chrysanthemum flowers were and plucked 2 of them. To the last ones, which were the blue hydrangeas, she plucked 5 of them.

She sits down on the grass, getting started with the stems of each flower. She twisted the first flower, sort of weaving it together for it to stick. She did another set of twists until it eventually formed into a full flower crown.

Mr. Ral blew the smoke from his mouth and set down his pipe on the chair. His eyes stared at the flower crown his daughter made. As he neared her, he knelt down.

"Do you like it, papa?"

He smiles at her, the expression fully seen due to the moon illuminating. He got the crown from her petite hands and placed it on her head.

"It looks better on you." He says and she hugs him tightly.

+•+

The next morning, the father and daughter head out once again to stare at flowers, to look at the tree through which her mother planted.

Suddenly, a big gust of wind blew Petra 7 meters from where she's standing. Her feet screeched as the grass began to tear. Her father picked her up and left the place.

The tree was then separated as well as the flowers which were destroyed, including the field.

"NO!" She screamed. Both of them ran as far as they could, then the rain began to fall. Only, it wasn't a rain, but a storm.

"AH!" She shot up from her bed, beads of sweat falling from her head and her expression weakening soon after that. She held her head in pain and squeezed her eyes.

The door swung open and Levi looked at her worriedly, "What happened?" He asks. She shakes her head and buries herself under her pillow in hopes of getting it out of her head.

Levi felt her head again, and he picked up the cloth that fell from her head to the sheets. "Your temperature rose." He says with a stern voice. Her face was exchanged with a terrified expression.

Levi left the room, closing the doors and the windows downstairs, then went back to her immediately. She clutched her hands, and he could see that she was still sweating.

Her eyes held fear.

He didn't know what to do right now.

He wasn't a specialist at these kinds of things.

"Th-The...storm..." She murmured, sensing trouble in her tone he frowned. He knew what she was talking about. And he thought that it would still trouble her, but why?

"What about it?" He asks.

"It...It was just a nightmare...it felt real...like it's happening again..."

The storm that happened 17 years ago was one of the tragedies, and he was there to witness it too. But he saw it all alone, his uncle left a year before that happened. Yet he survived on his own.