Their Love, Their Light

Petra and Levi stood hand in hand in front of the town's river. The tree stood there, in full bloom. The skies were blue, and all was peaceful. Levi had no choice but to enjoy the view.

The view of his lover beside her, who was peacefully looking afar. Her eyes were pure, and gave him more than enough warmth whenever it would look towards him.

He also had no choice but to smile to himself, and from a side glance, Petra was shocked from what she saw. "Levi...you're-" He smiled again, even wider than before. She starts to laugh joyfully as she held his cheeks with both her hands.

"I've never seen you smile before..." She mumbled and he caressed her cheek. "I only smiled...for two people." He says, and tried to break the sadness that coursed through him. But he was able to manage.

"And even if they aren't here...I still would smile for them. But all the smiles I gave them, even my heart, died with them. I can't give it back." He looked down and Petra frowned, showing even more sadness.

"But Petra, because you love me, showed there was something worth more than gold. It was love. I may have turned it down, many times before, but when you came, you made me think it was possible to find warmth in the heart again."

He paused before he continued, "You made me think that I can still smile again, you make a glint of hope-" He holds her head and presses it to his. "-and you brought back the smiles that I gave away a long time ago..."

Her heart was full of flatter, and so much love.

"I thank you. For loving me." He said softly. "And I thank you, for lighting me up again." She too smiled and replied, "Levi...no matter the circumstances...we will smile with each other. I will make you smile more..."

And with that, their lips connected.

Petra's eyes watered from the memory, but due to the strong wind and the intense rain, her watery eyes were clouded. She had to shield it from the impact. Kenny still gave her a piggyback ride.

Hange struggled to see through her goggles. The map was safely hidden in her pockets, but the soaking wet coat made it soggy inside, though she didn't care anymore as they felt they were near to their destination.

"Just...hang on! We're almost there!" She assured.

"How much further?!" Kenny asks. "Just 18 meters away!" She replied. Petra's eyes widened, and now, she was so eager to rescue her lover from the clutches of darkness. He doesn't have to die to be loved again.

She just needed to light him up again, like the days before.

She just needed to rekindle their light, and they'll find a way, 'till the end of the line.

Yes, she's got an awful lot of hope inside of her.

And that what others said were true, she was too kind.

Just a few more meters, and they were able to see a large front porch. That, and the insignia from a lost badge. They entered the precinct and closed the door shut. They panted for breath and shivered from the cold.

"We...made it!" Petra exclaimed a little too loud, but Hange covered her mouth to silence her. "We mustn't let them know we're here..." The brunette gave herself a few moments before continuing.

"Remember what we came here for...it's not about following the rules...because that's our only way to achieve our goal...and it's against the law..." She said in short pants.

"Levi must be held in a special cell where they hold prisoners that are to be executed...we shall get there before the sun rises. Understand?" The two nodded.