Finale

He felt tears run down his cheeks. And now both mother and son, shed tears. "WHY DID YOU DO THIS?! WHY WOULD YOU KILL YOUR OWN LOVER?! HE LOVED YOU!" Griswald protested.

"GRISWALD...I HAD NO WILL TO KILL YOUR FATHER! IT WAS ALL A MISTAKE! AND I BLAME MYSELF FOR THIS!" She exclaimed, her voice raising from the top of her lungs.

"ARE MY FAMILY A BUNCH OF KILLERS?! HUH?! IS THAT IT, MOTHER?! I WILL LIVE THIS KIND OF LIFE, FINDING OUT, MY FATHER KILLED MY GRANDFATHER, MY GRANDUNCLE KILLED MY GRANDMOTHER, AND MY OWN MOTHER, KILLED MY FATHER!"

Her eyes were now red and she fell to her knees.

"Did you really love each other? Mother? Or did you just take father for granted?"

"NO! I DIDN'T TAKE HIM FOR GRANTED!" She snapped. "YOUR FATHER IS WORTH MORE TO ME MORE THAN GOLD! AND YOU ARE TOO!" She exclaimed, as she cried more and more.

"THE DEATH OF YOUR FATHER, ESPECIALLY IF I WAS THE CAUSE OF IT MADE ME WANT TO KILL MYSELF! BUT THEN I HAD YOU...AND I COULDN'T GIVE IT UP, JUST YET! YOU ARE THE ONLY LIGHT I HAVE, MY SON!" She caressed his cheek.

"I would never give up hope...for darkness. Your father understood that too." Griswald cried and bowed his head down in sadness. Petra kissed his head and rubbed his temples. "Listen my dear..."

He looked up to her eyes.

"I know you will never forgive me...but you will understand soon. I am no longer in any condition to live...for I am struggling. I have tried to stay strong for you, because your father won't be happy if I'm like this..."

"But, if I earn my place with him up there...then we can finally escape through love's storm." She said with a tearful smile. Griswald's heart moved. "And always remember...my dear Griswald." She showed him the boots Levi wore. And her father made.

"You will wear this. It looks great on you...my father told me, a girl's lover would wear those. Because they're special. And if you ever find the woman you love...I'll be sure to know that...until I am gone." She smiled at him and his eyes widened.

1890.

Griswald flipped his newspaper boy's hat, and played with it before smoking his pipe. He looked at the two graves that laid beside each other. And he thought, that his mother has been at peace for over 40 years.

Now 82, Griswald had settled with his family. And talked every time, to his parents. As he waited patiently for his last days. The sun shined upon him, and felt warmness surround him.

With his own eyes, he could see his mother walking around with his father in a fancy white gown. While his father wore a white suit. They both smiled at him as they faded into the wind.

Griswald smiled before ending his trip to the garden with one last smoke before entering the house to bury his nose in on the newspaper.