Chapter Eight-His Unexpected Attractiveness

I stood at the bus stop, swaying as I waited for the bus to come.

I sighed in boredom and looked down the road. Empty.

Ugh, when was the bus going to come?

I wrapped my jacket tighter around my small frame and raked my hands through my thick and messy hair. I was contemplating on whether I'd have enough time to go in the house and grab my lunch which I left on the counter.

I bit my lip but before I could dash into the house, I heard the groaning complaints of the bus as it came around the corner. Looks like I'll be going to school without a lunch today.

The bus screeched to a stop in front of me and I winced at the sound. Sometimes I really wonder about the quality of these transportation vehicles. They always seem like they're going to fall apart any minute.

The bus ride was short, a girl sat next to me even though there were two empty seats not very far away. Why do people even do that? Are they scared to be alone or something?

Once I arrived at school, I burst out of the bus, disliking the confinements of it and gladly walked into the school building. I went to my assigned locker, banging it a couple times when it refused to open.

"First the bus now the damn locker." I muttered and kicked the locker.

"Stupid piece of shit." I growled and turned around to walk away just to run into a very hard chest.

"Ow." I scrunch my face and cradle my nose in my hand.

"What the hell!" I glare up at Cassius.

"Leah, good morning to you too!" He greets me with a charming smile.

I scowl in return.

"Now is not a good time with the your stupid idiotic remarks." I snapped and he held his hands up.

"Jeez, what crawled up your ass?" He defended himself.

"My foots going to be up yours here in a second if you don't move." I snarled and he raised his eyebrows.

"Wake up on the wrong side of the bed, did we?" He chuckled and I smacked his chest.

"This isn't funny!" I hissed.

I stomped to English, not having any of the materials I needed. Cassius stayed right on me heels, fueling my sudden anger.

"So what happened to make you so grouchy today?" He asked and I surprisingly answered in him in a calmer manner.

"I left my lunch at home, a girl sat next to me on the bus when there were two open seats, and now my locker." I scowled, stepping into the classroom before turning around to meet him.

He was leaning against the door frame with his arms crossed as I smirk tugged at his slips, playfully.

"How about I take you off school grounds and we go out for lunch?" He offered and warmth bloomed inside of me, all of my anger vanishing.

"Really?" I asked.

"Sure, we'll go after ROTC. We'll take my car." He smiled a real smile and it paralyzed me.

I was shocked at how handsome it made him look. How natural and real he seemed, not like a player at all. He could have had me fooled if I didn't know the truth.

"Ok." I said just as the bell rang and he looked at me for a few more seconds before turning and leaving.

I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding.

Hey guys, could I get at least four votes? I'm not sure how you're liking this story so far so I don't know if I want to continue? Thanks!