Chapter Fifteen-The Jerk Who Didn't Invite Me To The Party

After the day was finished and I avoided Cassius, I walked down the steps of my school and made my way to my bus.

Anna said she had to go to the library to get a book on the holocaust for English and Claire said her brother was driving her home so she went to the parking lot.

"Leah!" I hear Cassius call my name.

I froze, my heart rate sky rocketing and I stiffened as I heard his foot steps.

"Leah, turn around." He said but I refused to move.

"Leah." He repeated and I reluctantly turned around.

"What?" I snapped, glaring at him.

"The party's at my house, see you there. My sister wanted to you to come so don't try to make an excuse." He told me.

"And why didn't she come and tell me?" I crossed my arms.

"She's getting the car. I'm doing her a favor. What? Are you flattered that you think I was inviting you myself? I have plenty of girls, don't get your hopes up." He smirked before walking away.

What a freaking jerk!

Cassius's POV

She challenged me to a game that I'd never thought would be played in real life.

The game scared me.

When she had said that she could make me fall in love with her, I laughed inwardly but when she challenged me to the game, I freaked.

I wasn't going to love ever again. I am a player and I'm going to stay that way.

If I can get her to think that I'm mean and only aim for having sex, then she'll quit and be finished with me.

The party, that would be the best time to show her my true self. I could make her feel like getting me to love is hopeless.

A spark of guilt grew inside me but I pushed it away.

No one was going to tell me what I was going to do, even if it was a pretty girl that had me captivated by her beauty.

I walked to the car to find Claire not there. Now where was she?

"Dude, you'd better get into the library. There's a huge fight going on between your sister and Anna." Blake came running over to me.

We sprinted to the library, me ahead of Blake.

Once we entered the library I saw two teachers trying to break up Anna and my sister who were rolling around on the floor.

"You fucking, bitch! I'Ll make you regret ever calling me that!" Claire growled, punching Anna in the face.

"I didn't say anything, dammit." Anna spat out blood.

"That's what you always say. You just can't take responsibility can you?" Claire snarled and punched her again.

Anna quickly recovered and rolled over, Claire trapped underneath her.

"I'm no coward, Claire. Apparently you don't remember the time when I stood up for as Asher bullied you in eighth grade!" Anna snapped and lifted her up, then slamming her to the ground.

I rushed over, picking Anna up off of Claire.

"You guys are like little kids, grow up." I butted in.

"Shut up, Cassius and stay out of it." Claire snapped at me, trying to go for Anna again but one of the teachers held her back.

The other teacher took Anna from me and I went over to my sister, grabbing her by the arm.

"We're going home and having a little talk." I pulled her out of the library and back to the car.