Chapter Seven-The Perks Of Not Being Drunk

I had the directions to Claire's house in my phone, Siri was guiding me.

"Turn left in three hundred miles." She said.

I never understood the 'three hundred miles' part or whatever other outrageous number she said. It made absolutely no sense.

I turned left a few miles up ahead and found that I was in a very...expensive development.

"In one hundred miles the destination will be on your right." Siri said and I turned her off.

"You and your ridiculous numbers." I muttered, looking for the number 2649.

A white mailbox shining brightly as if it was new, held the bold, black, wooden numbers 2649.

I turned into the driveway, not realizing I'd regret it later when a bunch of cars were parked behind me and I couldn't get out.

I looked up at the sky and saw how dark the clouds were. Wonderful.

"Please hold out until I'm home in my bed." I prayed as I got out of my car.

I grabbed my coat from the passenger seat before walking up the driveway and up the porch steps to the front door.

I could hear music blasting from the inside and decided to try the door instead of knocking. They probably wouldn't hear it anyway.

The door was unlocked so I slipped inside. The lights were dim and strobe lights were bouncing around the room.

"Leah!" I heard someone shout over the loud music.

I looked around, spotting Claire. She waved me over, a wide smile stretches across her face.

I maneuvered through the throng of people in between us and smiled back at her.

"Hey." I said.

"Hey, never thought you'd make it. I kept waiting but you never showed. Glad you could come." She told me.

"There are so many people here, you must be popular." I stated.

I'd been to my fair share of parties and there wasn't one with as many people there as there are here.

"You want some beer?" She asked, nodding to the bar.

"Sorry, I don't drink." I shook my head.

I was not going to get drunk at a party with this many people. Especially when people can be stupid. Really stupid.

"Claire, why don't you introduce me to your friend." A voice came up behind me and Claire scowled.

I turned to see the same guy from English. His name started with B. Bernard. Blane. Billy. Something like that.

"Blake, what a pleasure to see you here." Claire said in a monotone voice, still scowling.

Blake, that's it!

"I'm Blake, and you are?" He stuck his hand out.

"Leah." I shook his hand.

I knew exactly how to handle guys like him. The wannabe players.

He took a step closer to me.

"You want to dance?" He asked me and I noticed how Claire balled her fists.

Did she really dislike him that much? Was he really that bad?

"Um, I think I'll stay here. I don't dance." I let him down, slowly.

"Leah, I see you made it. I knew you couldn't resist my charming good looks." Cassius came up, inviting himself into our little group.

"Yeah, if that's what you want to call them." I snorted.

He saw my response as a challenge and something passed in his eyes.

"That's right, you think good looks is too downgrading. You call them godly perfections." He shot back and my cheeks burned.

"I do not!" I protested but the fact was, that was exactly what I told myself they were.

I don't know how he knew cause I never said it out loud.

"Ok, Cassius, that's enough. I'm not going to have you messing with my friend. She doesn't need a broken heart." Claire jumped in.

I smirked at him and he narrowed his eyes at me before turning to Claire and frowning.

"I'll be around." I muttered before edging away from the group.

I needed some quiet time. This music was extremely loud and the air was heavily filled with alcohol.

Once I was outside, in the backyard I was guessing since I wasn't in the driveway, I took a deep breath of the fresh air.

What had gotten into me back there? Was I just flirting? With another guy? That's not my boyfriend?

It was the alcohol filled air. That's what it was. It clouded my judgement.

Maybe I should go home. No, I'd stay. I came here for Claire. Hopefully she'd find me.