Chapter Twenty-One-Free Ride From The Hot Guy

I raced to the door, giddy with excitement. I would finally be able to take down the Player of Greenwood High School.

I pulled the door open and my face drained of color when I saw none other than Cassius Jackson standing in front of the doorway.

"Is Ms. Colmes that excited to see me that she must run to the door and throw it open dramatically?" He smirked and I grinned inwardly.

"Why of course, who could ever resist your flawless good looks?" I batted my eyelashes and gripped the side of the door to block him from coming in.

"So what are you doing here at this time?" I raised a brow.

"I was wondering if you would want to come for a midnight ride with me. I have become very lonely and you were the only one I could think of ever inviting." He grinned, holding his hand out to me.

"So what do you say my lady?" He gave a deep bow and I laughed.

"I'm sorry but I'm waiting for your sister to come here. I asked her to." I turned him down.

He raised a brow and his eyes were full of curiosity.

"And what on earth did you want to say to my sister that couldn't wait until the morning?" He asked and I smirked.

"That is something I cannot tell you." I replied and he slipped his arm around my waist unexpectedly, pulling me to him so I was against his chest.

"Forget my sister, you're coming with me. I won't take no from you." He chuckled at how flustered I was.

His chest was warm and his touch made me want to lean into him. I felt like I would melt.

"O-ok." I stuttered, trying to control my racing heart.

He pulled me to his car which was humming softly as quiet piano music was playing inside. He had opened my door and helped me in.

Once I was in and buckled, he closed the door and went to the drivers side. He backed out of the driveway and sped down the road.

"My dad will kill me if he finds out about this." I mumbled and he gave me a wide smile as he looked at me.

"Then we'll have to be sneaky about this won't we?" He grinned and it made me laugh.

"I guess we will." I agreed, laughing a bit.

"I didn't take you as a piano kind of guy." I admitted and he smirked.

"And what kind of guy did you take me as?" He asked.

"The I-Don't-Give-A-Shit kind of guy." I replied, a small smile dancing on my lips.

"I'm a little like that I guess. But I love piano music, it's relaxing." He shrugged.

"You like what you like. I tend to listen to piano music just before I got to bed but that was before I moved here. Everything is so different from North Carolina. I'm used to a busy, bustling town not some place off in the middle of nowhere." I shook my head.

"Is it really the change in scenery that's got you up right or the people who live in each place?" He questioned and I realized he was right.

"I don't really care for meeting new people. I like how things used to be. I had a routine. Go to school, chat with my friends, hand out. Here...I can't do any of that." I sighed, looking out the window.

"Of course you can, you just don't want things to be the same as it was in North Carolina. You don't want the two places to be the same. You consider North Carolina your home, not here. Give this place a shot, it's a wonderful town with plenty of good people." He explained and I let his words sink in.

How did he know more about me than I knew about myself?

I looked at him in awe and realized that there was much more to Cassius than just the typical hot player.

He glanced over at me and chuckled.

"What's that look for?" He asked and I shook my head, smiling.

"Nothing, just thinking to myself." I replied.

"Ah, that beautiful head of yours is gonna kill me unless you tell me what you're thinking." He said.

I blushed, my heart pounding. Jake was never so bold.

Ok, come on now Leah, you're talking to a player. Of course he's gonna be bold. I told myself.

"Just that there's more to you than I thought." I shrugged, acting like there wasn't a problem, but oh, how much there was.