Chapter 41: Catching Up

Hue has been staying with his aunt and uncle for the past few weeks and he's never been happier! In return, he does things for them. Like help his aunt cook, mow the lawn, wash their car, and be good 'son'. Just like Jeremy, he's always treated badly by his mom and step-dad whenever Jeremy isn't around. 

Today Hue, Aunt Christina, and Uncle George are going to the mall to treat Hue to whatever he likes. Hue couldn't remember the last time he's been to the mall with his family (and when they actually had fun), but he doesn't care now. He's got a new family that loves him and cares for him. 

"Okay, feel free to get whatever you want. We'll pay for it." Uncle George said with a smile.

"Really? I don't think I deserve this." Hue mumbled.

"Oh, stop. Of course you do! Enough of this drama. We came here to have fun." Aunt Christina said as she pats his back and gives him a hug.

"Exactly. Now, where do you want to go?" Uncle George asked.

"Um, I really need clothes." Hue said shyly.

"No problem. Let's buy some clothes!" Aunt Christina cheered.

They bought so many clothes. Too many clothes. They're all for Hue. The couple didn't have any children to spoil, and all they have is Hue. They want him happy and he's like a son to them after all.

They got home after 3 hours and Hue went to his newly decorated room

They got home after 3 hours and Hue went to his newly decorated room. His room didn't look like a room where a 15 year old would sleep in. His room looked slightly mature, kind of like a college student's room. Aunt Christina and Uncle George wanted to treat him like a mature person, but never forgetting that he's only 15. 

Hue's room was reserved for Aunt Christina and Uncle George's child

Hue's room was reserved for Aunt Christina and Uncle George's child. Sadly, they never had one. And then Hue came around. Uncle George decorated Hue's room while Aunt Christina's distracting him (Hue). Uncle George is a graphic designer who owns a small design firm. 

Hue went to his room to browse his social media account and rest. Suddenly, Hue's phone started ringing. He looked at it and saw that Jeremy's calling. He immediately picked up and greeted him. 

"Hey Jer!" Hue laughed.

"Yo! What's up?" Jeremy said enthusiastically.

"I'm really good, and you?" Hue said genuinely. He's never felt this happy.

"I'm great! I'm at Japan! I'm just calling to ask what you want from here." Jeremy said. 

"I really want shoes and chocolates." Hue responded.

"Okay, I'll get you those. Where are you? I went by the house last week and you weren't there. Then the maid said, you got kicked out. I'm really worried." 

"Oh, um, I moved in with Aunt Christina and Uncle George a few weeks ago." Hue casually told him.

"Oh, that's good! I hope you're not trouble there. Bless them for taking you in. I should buy them something for taking you in." 

"Yeah, you should."

"Okay well, I need to go now. I'll talk to you soon." Jeremy said.

"Yeah. Okay, I'll talk to you soon. Bye!" 

"Bye!" 

And with that, they ended the short call. It was nice to catch up once in awhile. Even though they may be at each other's throats sometimes, in the end it's just the two of them.

* * * *

A/N: Sorry for the extremely short chapter! I just want to update something. Hey, it's better than not updating at all! xD

If you liked this chapter, please vote. Feel free to comment. 

I have another book if you wanna check that out, it's in my profile :)

Tumblr: in-a-lot-of-fandoms-tbh