Chapter 40: Busted

After the girls left Jeremy's former house, as if on cue, Jeremy's parents arrived with Jennifer. Hue rolled his eyes and plastered a fake grin on his face. To be completely honest with you, Hue didn't really want to be a part of this "family" anymore.

"Hey!" Hue fake smiled and hugged his mom and Mr. Benett. He's never going to call him "dad". After all, he really isn't.

Hue pulled away from the hug and looked down at his step-sister and forced a smile on his face as he greeted Jennifer or "the little brat" as what he calls her.

"Jennifer, honey, why don't you show Hue the things you got him?" Kate, Hue's mother, asked.

"Fine." Jennifer grumbled.

Jennifer pulled Hue to the living room. They both sat on the couch.

"Just so you know, they forced me to buy these stuff for you in hopes that we won't fight anymore

"Just so you know, they forced me to buy these stuff for you in hopes that we won't fight anymore. If I were you, let's pretend to be good siblings in front of them." Jennifer told Hue.

"Fine." Hue said. As soon as he said that, Kate and Mr. Benett joined them in the living room.

"Oh, who owns this camera?" Mr. Benett asked. Hue's eyes widened. He's supposed to return that to his friend today, but the car wash thing happened. He's going to be in trouble IF they check the pictures. Hopefully, they wouldn't. Then again who are we kidding? We're talking about Jeremy and Hue's mom and Mr. Benett. They check things. So, Hue spoke too soon.

"Oh shit." Hue whispered to himself.

Mr. Benett opened the camera and looked through the pictures. As soon as he saw the pictures, he looked at Hue.

You see, the reason why Hue didn't want them to look through the pictures is that all pictures from the parties he threw were there. He didn't his mom and Mr. Benett to know. Unfortunately for him, they just did.

"Hue..." Kate slowly said, "Can you please explain to us what you're doing in this picture?" she asked. Kate showed the picture to Hue as Hue gulped.

"That's not me." Hue replied.

"You can't fool us, Hue. I'm your father. I should know." Mr. Benett said. This made Hue angry.

"You're not my father and you will never be my father. You don't know anything about me. No one can replace my father. I don't care if you're married to my mom and I don't care if you love my mom or some bullshit like that. You can never replace my dad." Hue said through gritted teeth.

"Watch your language, young man." Mr. Benett said sternly.

"And watch your place." Hue said before walking away.

"Get out of my house and don't come back!" Mr. Benett said angrily.

"Gladly!" Hue shouted before going up to his room and packing his things. After packing his things, he left his house; never looking back. Let's not blame Hue. Who would want to look back at such a horrible household? I'm sure if you were in his shoes, you'd want to leave as well.