Chapter 45: Plans After Graduating

"Congratulations on your brother's engagement, Erica!" Tiffany squealed and gave her a side hug as they walked to the cafeteria.

"Thanks! He's really excited. In fact, we both are!" Erica grinned and did the same thing Tiffany did to her.

"That's great! All of us will be there." Jessica reassured. It's better to RSVP earlier than everyone else.

As they entered the cafeteria, they saw Thea Whitelock and her pesky little nerd friends. The girls knew that all the nerds wanted was to be noticed by them. Thea's the lucky one. Not only did she get noticed by Rachelle, but also knows about her.

"Hey Thea." Rachelle greeted as they walked past the nerd's table. The girls snicker and Thea's eyes widen in shock. "H-Hey Ra-Rachelle!" Thea waved slightly. Rachelle smiled and walked to the girls' usual table.

"Omg what a loser. She totally stuttered." Erica said as she sat down on her seat. "I miss Marius already." She said, sadness evident in her voice.

"Oh right! He went to that basketball thing, right?" Tiffany said as she ate cafeteria food that's specially made for her. Like Sharpay Evans' food in High School Musical 3: Senior Year. Of course, the rest of the girls' food were specially made just for them as well so, it's not only Tiffany if that's what you're thinking.

"Yeah. It's at a different school." Erica said as she started eating her food. They ate in silence until Erica realized something. "Marius, Jeremy, and Jack are the only ones who aren't supposed to be here. Where's Cal and Devon?" Erica asked.

"Cal's sick. He went to soccer practice yesterday and it rained. His fever is really high." Tiffany said.

"And Devon is on a family trip to Greece, because his aunt's getting married there. He's one of the groomsmen." Rachelle said whilst the others just nodded their heads.

*

Everyone was at the gym, because the principal wanted to say a few words. The students were just chatting amongst themselves whilst waiting for the principal. After five minutes, the principal arrived and stopped talking.   

After what seemed like an hour, the principal immediately left after his last sentence. Basically, they're going to have their graduation next week and they should prepare themselves. Yearbook pictures are scheduled next week as well so they should get ready with their smiles and quotes. 

*

"I can't believe we'll be graduating." Jeremy said after getting a text from the principal's secretary, informing him about next week's graduation. "Yeah same here." Rachelle said whilst staring off to the distance.

They were all hanging out at Rachelle's place and they were thinking about how real this is going.

"Yeah! I can't believe I actually made it after telling Ms. Margaret that the capital of Ohio is 'O'!" Tiffany laughed at the memory. (a/n: throwback to chapter 31!)

"Oh my gosh I've heard about that!" Jessica chuckled.

They all went silent and looked at each other for awhile.

"So...college. What're your plans?" Jeremy asked.

"Okay, Jeremy we all know almost ever school/university wants you. No need to brag." Erica jokingly said.

"I'm just asking, Er." Jeremy playfully rolled his eyes. "Seriously, though. Where do you plan on going?" he asked.

"Y'know I've always wanted to just stay here and attend UCLA." Erica admitted.

"Really? You don't want to leave?" Rachelle asked, gobsmacked.

"Nope." Erica said, popping the 'p'. "Why would I want to leave this place, when everyone desires to move or go here? In this case, I'm lucky." Erica smiled, setting her peace.

The girls nodded and respected her point, because it's true. Why would she leave the place where everyone dreams of going? That had to be, by far, the smartest thing Erica has ever said.

"What about you, Rach?" Erica asked, her best friend in the group.

"I'm going to Stanford University." Rachelle beamed.

"Wow! Um, why? Like, any reason?" Erica asked yet again.

"Because I have a hoodie of it!" Rachelle smiled, satisfied with her answer. 

Everyone looked at her like "is she serious?"

"Okay then. Jessica, what're your plans?" Erica asked.

"I'm going to Harvard to study fashion. It's always been a passion of mine. Thus, the collection of shoes that I have." Jessica giggled.

"What about you Tiffany?" Jessica asked.

"I'm going to Oxford and that's final. Plus, my dad knows someone there." Tiffany answered.

"That's far. What course?" Rachelle asked.

"Creative Writing. I want to try something different." Tiffany smiled.

"You sound very mature. Who are you and what've you done to Tiffany?" Jeremy joked.

"Shut up!" Tiffany laughed. "What about you, Jer? What're your plans?" she asked.

Jeremy was offered a scholarship at different universities. He's decided already. 

"I'm going to Massachusetts Institute of Technology to study History." Jeremy smiled.

"That's great! I can't believe we're all settled now." Jessica said in a sad tone.

"Everything will work out in the end." Tiffany smiled.

* * * *

A/N: THIS BOOK IS ALMOST OVER 

I'm half excited, I'm half terrified.

Tumblr: in-a-lot-of-fandoms-tbh