Chapter 42: Luke who?

The girls' relationships are still okay. Lately they haven't been communicating, because they're all busy. Jessica and Jack's relationship is very rocky at the moment. That being said, they decided to have a girl's night at Jessica's house. They were watching a film when Erica brought up the topic of Jessica's relationship.

"Jess, how are you and Jack?" Erica casually asked.

"We're fine." Jessica replied with the safest answer ever without taking her eyes off the tv. She hoped Erica would just drop the topic, but she didn't. Erica is a very determined girl. If she wants something, she'll get it. Oh wait...that's all of them.

"You can tell us anything, Jess." Erica continued.

"Jessica can tell us anything if she wants to, but if she doesn't it's okay." Tiffany butted in. Jessica smiled softly when Tiffany said that. They're the closest ones among the four of them.

"True, but we deserve to know. We're best friends here." Rachelle crossed her arms after pausing the film.

"Hey, I was really into that!" Jessica shrieked.

"So was I." Tiffany rolled her eyes.

"Ugh. I'll play it when you tell us what's going on, Jessica!" Rachelle raised her voice.

"FINE!!" Jessica nearly shouted. She just wanted to watch the film and if telling them her situation with Jack will shut Rachelle and Erica up, then so be it.

"Jack and I aren't okay. We don't have time for each other and when we do, we just don't talk. I don't think I feel anything anymore." Jessica admitted.

The girls gasped at Jessica's confession.

"Are you sure you don't like him anymore?" Tiffany asked.

"Yes, I'm sure." Jessica said.

"He's the CAPTAIN of the football team." Rachelle said, stressing the word 'captain' to knock some sense in her friend's head.

"Okay and so?" Jessica furrowed her eyebrows.

"Everyone would love to be in your place!" Erica screeched.

"You can't force me to stay with someone I don't have feelings for anymore. Plus, it's my life, not yours." Jessica retorted.

"Jess is right." Tiffany said while scrolling through Instagram. Jessica gave Tiffany a side hug and pulled away right after.

"Then break up with him! I heard that Luke likes you." Erica tried to hide her excitement.

"Luke? Who's that?" Rachelle asked. "Yeah. I've never heard of this Luke guy." Jessica agreed while Tiffany just nods.

"Ugh, you girls are so late. Lucas Andrew Wilson or Luke for short, is the exchange student from Australia." Erica said as she showed the girls some pictures of the Luke guy from Australia.

"The only Luke I know who's Australian is Luke Hemmings from 5 Seconds of Summer." Tiffany laughed.

"Same." Jessica said. "He's really fit, though." she added.

"Exactly! I know you like Luke Hemmings so, I instantly thought of you when I heard of this Luke guy who's also from Australia!" Erica clapped.

"I guess it won't hurt to get to know him, Jess." Rachelle said, slowly agreeing with Erica. If Tiffany agrees, Jessica will do it.

"I agree. I mean, you and Jack are like sinking already. Might as well replace him before both of you drown." Tiffany shrugged.

"That's like the smartest  you've ever said this year, Tiff. I'm so proud of you." Rachelle said. 

"Thanks! I'm quite an expert." Tiffany giggled.

"Okay, I'll do it. I'll get to know Luke." Jessica decided as the girls cheered. 

"If I were you I'd think of ways to dump Jack now." Erica slumped back on the couch and played the movie.

Jessica wasn't really having fun with Jack anymore. I guess it really is time to let him go. 

* * * *

A/N: Yay I'm not dead. I just wanted a quick update, because I feel like it would be fair. I also want to give a massive shout out to royals_2015! I'm so thankful for you and for having the time to post positive feedbacks on this book on my message board. I can't thank you enough. You're my reader of the month! (I was gonna say "fan of the month" but no one would really be a fan of this book tbh) 

If you're feeling generous, please leave a vote on this chapter. Feel free to comment whatever you want bc I read them all (positive or negative). Please answer the question below! :)

QOTD: Should I do a QnA about this book?

Tumblr: in-a-lot-of-fandoms-tbh