Chapter 12: The Football Game (Go Winter Fighters!)

A/N: Listening to High School Musical songs (HSM 1-3) whilst writing this! HSM songs are lit ❤️

* * * *

Today's the day of the football game (American football). All of the students were sent home early, so they could come back at 7pm and the players would practice or rest until the game.

The players, or the 'Winter Fighters' (as they're called), have been practicing for months! They're only goal is to bring home the bacon.

* * * *

The girls were excited for the game, especially Jessica of course. Jessica's boyfriend, Jack Peter Neilson a.k.a Jack, is the football captain. Jessica has been supporting since day 1.

Jessica and Jack are everyone's power couple. Together, they're called "J-squared". They're the most popular couple. Even though they're slightly annoying, they're still adored. They've been together since sophomore year (a/n: or year 11 if you're from the U.K. or year 10 if you're from Australia).

Right now, everyone was either outside the school waiting for their friends, or putting stuff back in their lockers, or already catching the early ride back home, because they're too lazy to wait for their friends or put back some things in their lockers.

"Omg, Jess!" A squealing Tiffany yelled as she came running through the sea of students just to get to her friend.

"Yeah?" Jessica looked at her best friend as she finished fixing her stuff and grabbed her Louis Vuitton handbag.

Among Erica, Rachelle, and Jeremy, she's closest to Tiffany.

"I am so excited for the game! Well, I have to go and wear my football game outfit...only this time I'll wear a skirt 'cause I'm going with Cal." Tiffany winked.

Jessica laughed and said,"Really now? Are you going to the after party if we win? Which of course, we will. Just as long as Jack's the captain."

"Duh! Of course I am! Wish Jacky Wacky a good luck for me. Cal is waiting for me outside with his car. Also, call him Cal. He doesn't fancy when people call him 'Callum' because his parents call him that." Tiffany smiled.

"First of all, Jacky Wacky?" Jessica laughed at the nickname Tiffany gave to her boyfriend, "Sure! I'll tell him you said good luck. And thanks for telling me, to be honest 'Callum' is a pretty tiring to say." She added.

"Super! Now, I really really really have to go! I'll absolutely go to the party and I'm obviously gonna dress my best! TTFN, bestie!" And with that Tiffany ran towards the school doors and ran to the school parking lot to meet her boyfriend.

* * * *

Jessica's currently at Jack's house to decorate and stack red solo cups on the kitchen counter.

"Bae?" Jack called as he descended from the stairs.

"In the kitchen!" Jessica shouted; in case he didn't hear her.

"Hey, are you excited?" Jack asked whilst getting a bottle of water from the fridge.

"Of course I am! You're going to win, I just know it! Oh and by the way, Tiff told me to tell you good luck." Jessica laughed as soon as she said that because of the nickname Tiffany gave Jack.

"Oh. I'll text her right now and say thank you." Jack replied and whipped out his phone from his right pocket and sent a quick text to Tiffany.

"Are you nervous?" Jessica asked.

"Nope. Not one bit. You know why?" Jack asked as he walked up to Jessica and wrapped his arms around her.

"Why?" Jessica smiled at the contact.