64. Lena/Harry

Lena

"You can go on ahead and check on Ben," Prue smiles at me after hanging Princess Catherine's dress out the window to dry. "I'll stay here and make sure the dress dries well."

     "Are you sure?" I ask her, getting excited at the thought that I'll be able to see Ben again. She nods, and I can't help but smile. "Thank you!"

     I waste no time in rushing out of the room and through the halls, trying to get to the hospital wing as quickly as I can. Ben has stayed there for the past few weeks, ever since Harry brought him and Alec to the palace. He woke up so suddenly, I remember it clearly. As soon as his eyes shot open, Harry and I couldn't believe it. I was startled, obviously, and I couldn't even form a word.

     Ben looked at me with those big, brown eyes of his for quite some time. Then, his blank stare was turned into a bright smile when he realized it was me.

*flashback*

     "Milena?" Ben asks with wide eyes, but I can't respond. I'm rendered speechless as I take in the moment. "You're here!"

     His face breaks into a big smile and he tries to sit up. Harry rushes to his side and helps him, grabbing a nearby pillow and placing it behind Ben's back so he can be comfortable.

     "Ben," I whisper, my eyesight becoming blurry. Without saying anything else, I lean over to him and wrap my arms around him tightly, closing my eyes. I turn my head and kiss his temple, holding him tighter.

     It's not long before he returns the hug, and I can hear him sniffling slightly. "Milena, is this real?"

     "What?" I ask, turning to see his face. Then, I let out a shaky laugh. "Of course it's real!"

     "I can't believe you're here!" He exclaims, his voice cracking. "I'm not dead, right?"

     I pull back, only to rest my hands on the sides of his face and chuckle, sniffling. "You're not dead, Ben. You're perfectly fine."

     He looks at me with a smile, his chubby cheeks squishing against my hands. "I'm not sick anymore?"

     I nod and kiss his forehead, but I can't seem to find my voice. Luckily, Harry speaks up for me.

     "Yes, Ben, you're not sick anymore," I hear Harry answer, and I turn to him with a smile. Ben looks at him with wide eyes.

     "Hey, you were at my house!" Ben grins.

     Harry laughs. "Yes, I was."

     "Milena," Ben turns to me. "He was at our house, and he told me he was gonna make me feel better, and he did! I don't feel sick anymore, I feel great!"

     "Calm down," I giggle. "You still need to get your strength up, Ben. How are you feeling?"

     "I'm great, I just told you," he laughs. "I can't really move my legs, though, that's weird."

     My heart drops. "What?"

     Before I can even form a thought, the medic puts his hand on my shoulder. "He'll get the feeling in his legs back in a couple of days, it's just the result of him being bedridden for weeks. He'll be just fine."

     I breathe out a sigh of relief. "Good," then, I turn back to Ben. "I'm so glad you're okay, Ben."

     He beams. "I missed you so much, Milena. Alec said you'd be coming back soon, but I didn't believe him. But you're really here!"