7

-Jolene-

"Hey baby." two arms wrapped around my waist. I turned around and saw none other than Tommy, and I stepped up to wrap my arms around his neck. He gave me a peck on the lips, which turned into five pecks, then turned to a longer kiss. "Get a room guys!" Tommy's friend, Logan yelled out making us stop. He grabbed my hand and walked us over to our lunch table, me hoping that I wasn't blushing from what just happened.

"I have a surprise for you." he whispered in my ear, placing his arm around my waist as we sat down.

"Oh really?" I raised an eyebrow at him and he smiled. "And when do I get to find out what this surprise is?"

"Soon." was his only word. He smirked at me and I just smiled and shook my head. I looked up and saw that Ally and Logan were talking. Flirting, actually, and I thought they'd be a cute pair. Ally with her strawberry blonde hair and green eyes like mine, and Logan with almost black hair and blue eyes; would, in my opinion, be a cute looks match. Behind them, I saw Carly walking towards us. When she finally got to our table in the cafeteria, I noticed that she didn't seem happy. She didn't even talk unless someone asked her something or tried to strike conversation. But even then, she would mumble the answers and pick at her salad.

"Hey, bathroom?" I asked, putting her hand in mine across from me. She shook her head yeah, and we got up and started to walk.

"Jolene, I have to tell you something." she said, stopping me halfway. I gave her a questioning look, and she parted her lips to say something, but closed them. She did this about five times before I started to grow impatient.

"Carly, what do you need to tell me?" I said a bit loud, and Tommy looked over at us.

"Hey, Jolene, come here!" he yelled through the giant room, lots of people directing their attention away from their own banter and food, to us.

"We'll talk later? Okay?" I said to her, and she gave a slight nod before I walked over to Tommy. "Yes?" I smiled at him.

"Okay, well... You've been my girlfriend for over a year now... and.." he got down on his knee. Oh god.

"Tommy, wait, wait, wait. Please tell me you aren't proposing... I love you, but I'm only sixteen.." I said, looking down at him. He smiled and shook his head, a small laugh escaping his lips.

"No, Jo. I'm not proposing," he laughed. He got a small blue box out of his pocket and I looked around to see many people staring at us. We were in the middle of the cafeteria after all. My gaze landed on a blonde haired, blue eyed boy with a lip piercing; the jaw that piercing belonged to dropping more and more with every word and action. "But. I just wanted to say that, you'll never know how much I love you Jolene Alaska Adams. You're one of the most special girls I've ever met, and I'm proud to say you're mine. I love you." he opened the box, revealing an all too extravagant necklace with a small diamond  placed in the middle, two smaller ones surrounding it. "Turn around."

I did as he said, and a feeling of cold metal was now on my neck, and I felt his warm hands move away from the back of it. I looked down to see my new piece of amazing jewelry before as I used my hadns to delicstely gawk at it. "Tommy.." I turned around. "This is.. This is amazing. I love you Tommy Hall." I leaned up and wrapped my arms around him again, placing a kiss on his cheek then his lips. He smiled down at me once he pulled away.

The sound of a screeching chair sounded, and I looked around. I saw two people leaving. One being Carly. The other Luke. I looked back up at Tommy who wore a mix of emotion on his face; surprise, confusion, and another I couldn't decipher. "Should I go talk to them?"

"Them?" he asked. "You mean Carly?" he asked.

"Yeah, her and Luke." I stated.

"Why Luke?" he asked weirdly. I understood why he was confused, I hadn't told him yet about our new kindling of a friendship.