8

-Jolene-

Things have been going good lately. Carly hasn't talked to me in three days; since the day she ran out of the  cafeteria crying. I've tried calling her, I've even left messages but she won't ever call back. Ally and Mandi say they can't get a hold of her either, and I'm starting to get worried. She's never like this.

Tommy and I have been good, but he's been acting on edge lately. He hasn't wanted me to try to talk to Carly anymore, because apparently she needs space. We got into a small argument the other day over me being friends with Luke and the rest of them again. I guess "They'll ruin my popularity status and that's not something I want." I just simply told him I'd be friends with who I wanted to and that my popularity status doesn't matter much to me. He got angry, left, and called me two hours later; drunk and sorry.

Luke and I have been great. We've started to talk a lot, almost like we used to before the whole disaster happened. After going to the same school together for a year, I finally met Jessica. She was a really energetic person, but she was also really calm at times too. She had blonde hair that met her shoulders, and her eyes were hazel but had more green flecks in them in all.

All of us started hanging out more. Mack, Calum, and I  have actually started to become really close too; but Luke is probably the one I'm closest to out of everyone. It was nice to have someone other than Carly, Tommy, and the rest of the people I normally hang out with around.

"So wait, what kind of guitar do you recommend?" Mackenzie asked me. Right now, we were both a guitar store downtown with Luke  because she's interested in playing now.

"Uhm... This one." I said, holding up an acoustic that I'm sure she would love. It was a light mahogany on the top and back, with black on the sides. "I think you'll like this one." I gave it to her, going back to stand next to Luke.

"Jo, this is exactly what I wanted." she laughed and sat down on the stool next to her. She propped it up on her lap and started to play a tune.

"So I know you play guitar but I've never actually heard you play." Luke said, turning to me. I felt a smile reach my face, and before he could say anything I ran past him to get a guitar. I sat down as he reached me and he sat across from me, his legs crossed. I started to play Yellow by Coldplay. I closed my eyes, not needing to look at where I was placing my fingers, because I knew where to put them by heart. I've played this song probably at least 200 times. I kept strumming, singing the lyrics in my head; I was self conscious of my voice, and kept my eyelids shut.

I finished the song at saw Luke looking at me, his blue eyes meeting my green ones, a smile placed on his chapped lips. "Wow." he said. "Just wow."

"That bad huh?" I laughed, standing up and putting the guitar away. He chuckled behind me and stood up himself, then both of us walking back to Mackenzie.

"Bad? It was awesome. What song was that?" he asked me.

"It's called Yellow by Coldplay. It's another one of my favorites." I answered and he nodded. We found Mackenzie by the front desk with a case in her hand waiting for us. "You got it?" I asked running up to her.

"Yes!" she yelled excitedly. "I'm so excited. Do you think I'll be any good? I'm gonna get lessons too."

"Mack, you don't need to pay for lessons. I can teach you." I told her. "Just come over to my place whenever you want," I laughed. "We'll have fun." I smiled at her. We walked out of the store together, the heat of Australia immediately making us thirsty. "Hey, why don't we go over to the Starbucks that's near here? Didn't Calum get a job there?"

"No, he works at the one next to our apartments." Luke said. I nodded my head again. All of us agreed to get drinks, so we started to head in that direction. "So, where's Tommy?" he asked. I had told him about how he kept blowing me off lately.