14

-Luke-

"Seriously, what's wrong now?" Ashton asked me, stopping his drumming. We were currently at band practice, and as I turned around, I noticed all the boys were staring at me.

"What the hell? Why'd you guys stop?" I ask annoyed. Michael just sighed and put his guitar down, telling us he was going upstairs for a soda, Calum following behind him. "What's wrong?"

"What's wrong with us? Or what's wrong with you? Dude, ever since we left school, you've kind of been an ass. What the fuck happened? I mean, you weren't even playing or singing. You went mute." He tells me, getting up from his chair and stretching.

"I don't know.. I saw her talking to Tommy again. And then this dude was talking to her and obviously flirting with her. He looked liked he was basically mind-fucking her."

"Jolene?" He asked, leaning against the door.

"No, Carly. Of course Jolene dumbass." I snap at him. He held his hands up in surrender, and sighed just like Michael. "Sorry bro. It's just.. I've never felt like this with someone. I'm scared I'm just gonna lose her again."

"You need help. Seriously. We can help you get her, you know?" He tells me, walking over to me and patting my back.

"I don't want help though. If I'm doing this, I'm doing it my way." I tell him and Ashton just nods, before speaking, "I think band practice is done for today Luke. Go hang out with her or something."

I just smiled at him and thanked him, before packing up my guitar and getting into my car. I turned the radio on, and as sappy as it sounds, I put it on a love station. I sang along to the ones I knew, not being able to help the smile on my face growing. I was in love with this girl and I wasn't going to fight it.

Along the way back near our apartments, I stopped at the store. I got her favorite movies, which consisted of both horror and romance, her favorite food; Hawaiian pizza, coke, chocolate chip cookies, and dried mago's, then drove the rest of the way. I parked in the parking garage, and walked up to her door. I was about to knock, but she opened the door on her own, and she was crying.

"Jo.. What's wrong." I asked her. She just looked up at me and shook her head, mumbling about how she needed to get out of there. "Jolene." She looked right at my chest, not saying a word, not even blinking. "Jolene, you're scaring me." Instead of speaking, she just moved forward, slammed the door, and walked into me, grabbing a handful of my shirt and beginning to cry more. Knowing she wasn't going to talk soon, I just stood there in the middle of the hall, rubbing small circles into her back.

Eventually, I backed up against the wall across from her door, and we both slid down against it. Something was obviously wrong. And it was bad. I'd never seen her cry this much. She was shaking. She was breathing erratically. She was vulnerable. She looked so small in this moment.

We sat there for two hours. Until her brother came up. He saw us, and he saw that she was still crying. He came up to her, and tried to get her to look at him. But as soon as he said her name, something in her snapped. She stood up, looked at him, wiped her eyes, and left down the hall. No words,  no new expression. She just walked down. "She just needs some space. Let her stay at yours tonight." Jason said to me. He shook his head, and went into his apartment.

I went down stairs, only to find Jolene standing by my car. I unlocked it and she got into. I drove across the street, and went in the parking garage and parked on my level. We walked in, and I saw my mother on the couch. "Just go in my room. I'll meet you in there." She just nodded her head weakly, and began walking with her arms crossed and shoulders slumped.

My mom came up to me, asking, "What happened?"

"I have absolutely no clue. But Jason wants her to stay here tonight. Can she just sleep in my room?" I ask, knowing the answer will most likely be no. I was wrong.

"Of course she can sweetie." She stopped me from walking away by putting her hand on my shoulder. "Make sure she's alright. She looks like she needs someone right now." I nodded and smiled at her, before kissing her on the cheek, telling her I loved her and walking down the hall to my room.

I walked in to find Jolene standing in front of my desk, looking at pictures of my mom, brothers, my dad, and I all at our old home. I could never take them down. Yes, my father was a dick. But no matter what, he was my father. She just kept starting at them, until I went up behind her and taking the risk of  wrapping my arms around her waist. "What happened?"

She stayed silent.

She didn't say anything for the rest of the night. I tried as many times as I could to get her to speak to me. My mother even tried to talk to her, but all that happened was more of Jolene crying. She sat on the couch next to my mother, shaking violently. Around 1 in the morning, she came back into my bedroom. I gave her a huge oversized batman t-shirt for her to wear as pajamas.

At the moment, yes, it was inappropriate for me to be thinking the way I was. No, I wasn't thinking sexually. I was thinking about how beautiful she looked in the moment. The moon shining perfectly on her through my window, with the black shirt running down to mid-thigh, yet showing off every curve she had perfectly. Her tanned legs looked like heaven, and her messy hair was perfection. Even with the messed up makeup, she still looked as gorgeous as ever. She was amazing to say the least.

I layed in bed in only sweatpants, waiting for her to ask me to sleep on the floor. When she came over to the bed, I got up anyways and went to put a pillow and a blanket on the ground, but she stopped me. She didn't speak. She grabbed my wrist, and shook her head. Her eyes looked big, and her lips were big and red and puffy. "Are you sure?" I asked her, my heart beating rapidly for an unknown reason. She only nodded her head. I crawled into the bed next to her, and pulled my white sheets up over us. I stayed far away from her, but only God knows how close I wanted to be to her in that moment.

She rolled over, and put her head and her hand on my chest. I wrapped an arm around her, and pressed my lips to her forehead. I let them linger there for a second with my eyes closer, taking in everything in this moment. How her hair smelt like vanilla. How soft her skin that was revealed felt. How perfect she was in my mind, despite what had happened the previous hours. I felt her warm breath on my chest, and I felt a warmness spread through out my body. Once I knew she was asleep, I kissed her forehead once again, mumbling three words against her temple.

-

-

Yes I updated. Yes its short. Yes its shitty. BUt OMFG YOU GUYS GOT THIS TO 1K READS OMFG IM SO HAPPY

YOU GUYS ARE AMAZING I LOVE YOU ALL OMFG

I'm hoping to update again within the week. I didn't konw what to do for this chap so it's kind of a filler but its also foreshadowing a bit ayeee

-cailey