11

-Jolene-

"I don't know, I think I might stay with her today." were the words I woke up to. I open my eyes and regret it in an instant, the light giving me a migraine. It'll go away in a few minutes though. These never last long. "I'm not sure." Who's voice is that? "Ashton. What Carly did was pretty fucking shitty." Oh. It was Luke then. "I don't know what Carly was talking about. Jolene hasn't told me... And if she hasn't then there's gotta be a reason. I'm respecting that. I respect her mate.. You now, I care about her a lot." he says into the phone. Quietly, but also slowly, I turned so i could both face away from the sun, and also towards Luke. "Yeah, alright, I'll talk to you later." he says. He pulls the phone away from his ear and hands up before turning around to face me. 

 For a moment, he doesn't looks down at me, but instead looks out the window, where the lights from the sunrise are shinning on him. It makes his blue eyes shine, and it has a small reflection of orange, almost making it look like a sunset on a beach. Parts of his blonde hair look lighter, and somehow, it almost makes him look more muscular than he already is. It makes him look incredibly attractive, more than usual. I smile for a small moment, then close my eyes as he's shifting his view down to me. I hear him laugh a small bit before I feel a hand brushing a few stray hairs out of my face. I pretend to wake up. I groan and stretch my arms up, the put them down and look at him. "Morning." I smile and get up out of bed, walking over to my music station and end up putting Bad by The Cab on.

"Are you okay? Shouldn't you be puking and hating everything on the planet right now?" he asks. I laugh a little and walk over to my closet.

"Nope. I've gotten drunk multiple times when I was with Tommy, and so I've always had to get over them quickly the next morning. No biggy." I tell him. He looks at me with a worried expression, then a caring one, then an almost curious one. "Look, I know what you're wanting to ask. I'll tell you. Just later. Okay? If you give me today, I'll try to tell you tonight. I had a shitty enough day yesterday, and I really don't want this one to start off in tears."

"Jo.. It's okay. Alright? I don't care when you tell me. I just want you to be okay. I mean, yes, I want to know. But the most important thing to me right now is making sure that you're alright. Or will be alright. And I'm going to be here the whole time, I swear." he makes his way over to me, and I have to bend my neck to look up at him. He chuckles a little before pulling my small body next to his bigger one, and he kisses the top of my head. "Ew" I drag it out. "Get off me ya weirdo." I playfully say, and we laugh.

"Alright. Well, if we're going to have a good day, then you have to let me take you somewhere, okay? I've got two places in mind."

I look at him, curious. "And what are those two places?" I ask and he scoffs. "You won't tell me?"

"Nope. Now lets go to breakfast." he says. I nod and go grab random clothing from my closet, then make my way to the bathroom. I change into light jean shorts, a grey aztec tanktop, and a white over sized sweater. I pull my hair up into a bun before making my way back out to my room.

I find Luke looking at the picture. I don't even remember unpacking that. He was looking at the picture of my mom, dad, and I all in front of the tree that stood before our old house in Washtington. I hated that picture. I hated what was in it. The fakeness of it. It was the day after James had left and I knew the three of us missed him. It was also when they were planning for file for divorce. They hadn't had a clue that I knew though. It was also the day before the crash. Something it would always be a reminder of. "Hi." I say quietly. "Uhm.. I'm gonna go get a broom real quick." he nods and I eventually find one. I come back, and he's strumming on the guitar now. "Play something. Please." I beg and he gives in.