Chapter 24 Losing It

WARNING: This is a violent and abusive chapter. You have been warned!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"How long will you be gone for?" she asked, holding on to his arm.

"I have to get rid of the car and then clean out her apartment," Nolan replied, starring down at Scarlett while making a mental list of the things he was going to have to do.

"What do I do-"

"Keep an eye on her. I'll be back in an hour. I've already told Robbie I'd cover his chores for the day. He said he was goin' into town."

Nolan pulled his arm away from Scarlett and without another look, scooped up Emma's purse and left.

Scarlett felt tears burn behind her eyes and her throat close up. It was really happening. He was really cutting her off. This was really the end of them.

She felt her blood boil as she turned back to the bunk house and continued down the stairs to the unfinished basement where Emma was being kept. As she climbed down the steps, she felt herself become even more angry. How could Nolan do this to her?! She had always been there for him! She had cheated, lied, stolen and slutted for him! She knew that the plan from the beginning was for her to marry Coult so they could get their hands on his money, but she assumed that they would get rid of Coult and then Nolan would marry her.

Scarlett opened the door to the closet where Emma was tied up. She was out cold and Scarlett could see that she had tied the ropes too tight. Her hands were a mucky red and purple.

Quickly, she untied Emma and pulled in a wooden chair from upstairs. She sat her in it and tied her to the back of the chair. As she was tying the knots, she heard Emma begin to awaken.

"What's going on?" she cried, realizing that she was being tied to a new object.

Scarlett stood up and faced the petite red head. She didn't answer, but instead, pulled a pack of smokes out of her pocket and lit up in front of the woman.

"What do you want?" Emma asked as tears poured down her cheeks.

Scarlett didn't answer, she was lost in her own world of thoughts of Nolan and the love she had for him.

"What do you want?!" Emma screamed. The veins in her neck were straining with effort as she attempted to gain an answer from the stoic woman.

"What do I want?" Scarlett whispered to herself. She dropped her half finished cigarette to the ground and walked towards Emma.

Emma could clearly see this woman wasn't stable and knew that whatever was about to happen wasn't going to be pleasant.

"I want him!" Scarlett yelled. Her mind drew within itself and she saw Flannery sitting in the chair and not Emma. She saw Nolan kissing Flannery, touching her like he touched Scarlett."

"I'll make you suffer the way I'm suffering," came Scarlett's voice in a low whisper.

Emma's face was soaked in tears and all she could think about was Danny. She prayed she would see him again.

Scarlett pulled her arm back and threw a punch to Emma's nose. A sick crunch reverberated off the walls and Emma knew her nose was broken by the sound and pain.

Emma begged Scarlett to stop, she tried to show her that she wasn't Flannery. Scarlett was deaf to Emma's pleas and continued to kick and punch as hard as she could.

"Please stop," begged Emma, before blood oozed out of her mouth and onto her shirt.

Scarlett turned and picked her still burning cigarette from the floor.