Chapter 36 New Flames

"Mom?" Flannery repeated feeling her entire being freeze up.

Her mother turned to face her. Her clothes were wrinkled and her make up smeared. Flannery had never seem her mother so unkempt before. It left Flannery speechless.

But not for long.

"What are you doing here?" she asked in a low voice. Coult turned to face his bride. He knew she was upset and he was glad. She had every right to be. But she didn't need this today. Before Coult could say anything her mother stepped forward and stuck her finger right in Flannery's face.

"This is all your fault! It's all you! I did everything I could, but was it enough? No!" she screamed, tears threatening to fall from her blood shot eyes.

Coult moved swiftly to his brides side and wrapped his arm around her waist.

"Leave," he said in a deadly voice. He felt angry and frustrated. He couldn't believe she would come and ruin her own daughters wedding! Worst of all he couldn't physically remove her because she was his mother-in-law.

"I'll take care of her," Frank said, hobbling over. "You go have fun."

Coult nodded a thank you and swept Flannery over to another quiet area. Her shoulders were pulled into her chest and a look of anger and sadness covered her beautiful features. He felt his heart breaking. This wasn't what he wanted for tonight. He wanted her to be happy and glowing.

"Kitten," he murmured placing his hands on her cheeks and lifting her face to his. "Speak to me."

Flannery looked into Coult's eyes and felt her worries fall away. He was her rock and her protector.

"I am so angry with her, but she's still my mother. I hate seeing her drunk and I've never seen her like this. She's...a mess." Flannery felt tears come to her eyes and anger leave her heart. She didn't care anymore. She had Coult and Danny and Emma. She didn't need to cling to her mother in hope of being loved. All she felt now was pity for the woman who was trying to fill some void in her life with alcohol.

"Listen to me, baby," Coult began, pulling her head to his chest and wrapping his tree trunk arms around her petite figure. "She will always be your mother, but that doesn't mean you have to have a relationship with her. For now, forget about it. This is our wedding day and I want you to be focused on me."

Coult trailed his nose down to her neck and began placing open mouthed kisses toward her ear lobe.

"I want you to focus on me and my tongue and all the pleasure that I am going to bring to you tonight."

Flannery gasped as her womb began pulsing and weeping with want and desire.

"Do you want that, kitten? Do you want me to make you fly?" he asked as his teeth bit down on her ear lobe.

"Oh, yes, Coult," Flannery replied breathlessly.

~~~

Frank could barely keep his eyes off of her. Ever since he way her poking her finger in the air and swearing up a storm, he was mesmerized. There was something in him that almost burst out of his chest trying to get to her. She was dirty and drunk but it just made him want to hold her all the more.

His heart cried out at the pain she was obviously in and he wanted nothing more than to find the source of that pain and destroy it.

Dear Lord, he chided himself, get a hold of yourself.

Flannery's mother was still yelling at him as Robbie helped him escort her towards one of the ranch house. Coult and Flannery were going to spend there wedding night in their new house he figured the ranch house would be the best place for...what was her name?

"You know, you two are assholes!" she yelled turning and facing Frank. Robbie held out his arm like a rancher would herding a chicken, trying to get her to keep moving toward the house.

"Keep moving," Frank said, averting his eyes from her delicious frame. Dear God, help me, he thought.

"Where are we going, cripple?" she asked not moving. She cocked her slender yet curvy hip to the side and raised an eyebrow.

Frank felt himself harden with desire at the fire that blazed in her eyes. She was a spitfire and he was getting slightly annoyed at the fact that he couldn't do anything about his erection. He glanced at Robbie and saw that he was also checking out Flannery's mother.

Frank felt a possessiveness that he had never experienced ignite inside of him. He didn't want anyone to look at his woman like that!

Shit, his woman? Frank frowned in anger at the entire ludicrous situation.

"Robbie," he barked. "I'll take her up to the house and get the shrew settled. You go back to the party."

Robbie grinned and dashed away chuckling.

"Shrew? Who the fuck do yo-" she began, but before she could finish, Frank crossed the space between them quicker than she would have expected for a man who carried a cane. His large manly hand wrapped around her upper arm and pulled her flush up against his hard body. She felt fire coil in her lower belly and bit her tongue to stop the moan from being heard out loud.

"You say one more word before we get into that house and I'll tan your backside with my cane, got it?" Frank said with clenched teeth. His erection was weeping inside his slacks and he wanted nothing more than to possess this woman and make her his.

His erection rubbed up against her and he heard a whimpering sound come from her mouth. Quick as lightening he stepped away from her. His hand was burning from where he gripped her and his cock jumped at the loss of friction against her body.

"What's your name?" he asked as he began walking again towards the ranch house.

"I'm Beth," she replied as she fell into step beside him.

~~~

"So you guys gonna get it on?" Danny asked wiggling his eyebrows up and down. He had one arm draped around Emma and one arm held out towards the newly married couple. Coult and Flannery spun around to face him. This was the third attempt at leaving the party, and it was the third time someone stopped them to talk.

"Oh wedding sex," he said sighing. "That's gotta be hot."

Emma's face flushed bright red and her brow furrowed.

"Do you always have to be so crass? Really? You're a pervert!" She began to struggle in his arms to free herself.

"What?" he asked pretending innocence. "Wanna go bang too?"

"Bang?! If you ever ask me if I wanna bang again, I'll knee your balls through the roof of your mouth!" she said, her eyes blazing.

Danny through back his head and laughed heartily.

"Go get it on and congratulations," he said facing Coult and Flannery. "I gotta go bang my woman too."

Danny swept Emma up in his arms and raced out of the party.

Coult turned towards Flannery with a glint in his eyes.

"I'll follow his example," he said, scooping up the woman he loved and dashing off towards their new home.

~~~~~~~~~~~

IM SO SORRY ITS SO LATE!!! seriously so much has been going on and then i was like booooommm time to write!

next chapter is the wedding night and then who knows haha but i have probably two other ranch books in mind...so yeah haha comment and vote