Chapter 5

Sam’s POV:

I sat down right across from her- she still didn’t notice me; the ride started moving. I cleared my throat and her head flinched turning to me. She had red puffy eyes and her cheeks had tear stains on them. Her lips were swollen and her eyes were still running lightly with tears. I leaned in a bit and she looked down. I tilted her chin up with my left hand and used my right thumb to wipe a tear from her eye. She looked up at me and our eyes became one. I leaned in just at the right time, she did too, and our lips connected. I swear… there weren’t fireworks because that’s just messed up stereotypical shit. But there was something… something more than life, something beautiful. When we disconnected her eyes flickered open and her face was beet red with blush, she giggled- I’m sure I was smiling ear to ear with blushing cheeks. She pointed to the ground and laughed as did I- we were stopped at the top. She looked back at me yet I was still looking at the ground. I looked at Peter. He saw me and smiled giving me two thumbs up. I grinned and returned the gesture and whispered to myself, “Something beautiful.” He clicked a button and we started going down. I gazed back at Lexie who trust me- held her gaze on me. She chuckled, “Something beautiful?” I blushed, “Yeah. Something beautiful.”