Chapter 11

Lexie’s POV:

After I changed to my pajamas- leggings and a long shirt, well it’s supposed to be a dress but whatever- I sat on my bed with my light on and door closed. It was two in the morning and JC and Kian left a long time ago. Connor was asleep and I now sit on my bed… questioning my life. Across my bed I spread out my empty pill bottles and a few empty liquor bottles. There were some loose bad cigarettes and their dozens of empty boxes. Tears rolled down my cheeks as I looked at the pictures I set out as well. There were three. The first one was of me and two girls I thought were my friends. In the picture I was wearing all black and a lot of leather. We were leaning forward with smoke coming out of our mouths. I wiped a few tears away- my effort didn’t really effect the millions of tiny wet droplets falling out of my eyes. I put the picture back down and picked up the next one. I looked at it deeply, thoughts running through my mind. It was me with a bright red lipstick on and tight shorts. I had my middle finger up and a cigarette hanging out of my mouth. I set the picture down and laughed, I was such a weird kid. I picked up the final picture and that was when I broke down. It was me and my mom. She had on a floral dress and I had on my prom dress. It was prom… I remember that day. That was one of the days that I remember. So clearly I can remember how she waved to me when I left. How she kissed my cheek before I left, I remember it all. And that’s when I whispered to myself, hoping that she’d hear it miles away… “Wish you were here mom.”

Connor’s POV:

I had heard Lexie mumbling to herself after I woke up to go to the bathroom. I waited a few minutes before I leaned against her door frame and heard her whisper, “Wish you were here mom.” I watched as she layed her head down on her pillow and fell asleep. I felt warm tears fall from my eyes. I missed my mom so much, but I knew that Lexie missed her more. Everyone thinks that ‘rebels’ have no TRUE feelings, but Lexie sure does. And trust me, she misses mom more than I ever could. Before I left I looked at what was on her bed, drugs everywhere and three pictures, I teared up more. I sighed and decided to leave her be so that when she woke up she could see what she’s done- let her think.