Chapter 16

Lexie’s POV:

What the hell just happened? Connor left and Sam told Kian I would ruin him. Yeah, I heard that- Sam’s not the best whisperer. “Shit” I mumbled to myself looking in my closet. In the closet were piles upon piles of crack and multiple boxes of cigarettes along with the many liquor stashes hidden all over. I slammed my fist into the wall and breathed into the baby blue paint. I hadn’t thrown out the rest of my stash, and I knew that if I had one sip of liquor, one smoke, one drug that came into me… I would never be able to stop again. I fell down leaning against the wall, what was I going to do? If I threw them out I knew I’d go out and get them again. But if I kept them, I’d use them, and I’d be that girl again. I keep telling myself that I would let go of bad habits and not get back into them ever again. But I have the opputunity now, and Connor’s not here. He was the reason I stopped, and since he’s not here… ah f*ck it, I’m taking a swig. I leaned over to my left and pulled out a bottle of Jack Daniels. I twisted off the cap and took a huge gulp of the sour taste. I squinted my eyes and winced at the far too familiar taste. I sighed and took another sip, and this starts my old habits.

Connor’s POV:

I looked around and didn’t see much around me, just a gas station, a small diner and a few wrecked houses. I had been walking for a half an hour and was in an unknown area. I had walked at least two miles, maybe three or four but I doubt that. I heard my stomach growl and decided to have some lunch at the rest stop diner, hoping it wouldn’t taste like the ass of a gorilla. As I walked in I noticed a few other people eating, a family and a couple with many people by themselves. And trust me, the place wasn’t too happy looking. The walls were a dull gray and the main bold colors were yellow and purple, and ugly shades too. As I sat down a older woman approached me from over the counter. She grinned happily, “Hello young man, what can I get you?” I sighed, “Do you have a menu?” She laughed, “Ah of course, here you go. I recommend the grilled cheese. It’s simple, easy and takes a lot less work than the other crap on there.” I uncomfortably laughed and read over the menu. I decided to go with the grilled cheese. She came back over to me, “Have you decided?” I nodded and smiled, ‘Yes I have, I think I’ll go with the grilled cheese.” She nodded and took the menu away from me. Hopefully this is a decent place to eat at, otherwise the ten bucks in my wallet would be worth nothing.