Chapter 6

Connor’s POV:

I looked at Kian on the opposite swing. I had found him here at least a half and hour ago but he refused to talk to me yet. Finally he gulped and faced me, “Connor… all I wanted was to feel like I was sorta cool. Yah know like Lex and Sam. There’s never a day that they behave or whatever. It kinda sucks not being like that.” I was kinda taken back, I never realized that Kian felt that way. And yeah I know Lexie’s different with what she does, I mean someone did die because of her, “But you didn’t have to bring up Gavin. That was her best friend. And you seemed happy about it, you were fricken smiling dude.” he tilted his head from left to right, “Yeah cuz I felt like I was being pretty badass there and all.” I frowned and he stood up. I did the same and brushed the dirt off of my legs. “Alright well you’re gonna have to apologize to her.” He agreed and we decided to go home- looks like it’s gonna storm any minute now.

Lexie’s POV:

The movie ended and me and Sam were done crying and laughing- it gets us every time. He turned back on the lights and Connor opened the front door. I turned around and walked up to him for a hug- but then I saw Kian. I took a deep breath and hugged Connor, “Con Da Bom is baaaaack!” He laughed, “Yeah I am, and so is Mr.Kian.” I nodded, “I see that, hello Kian.” He grinned, “Can I please talk to you?” I sighed and looked back at Sam- he shrugged. I looked at Connor who was pointing to the kitchen. I gave in and walked into the kitchen. I leaned against my arms on the island, Kian did the same on the opposite side of me. “So what’s up?” I asked Kian obviously knowing the answer already. He exhaled, “Well… I am so sorry Lexie. I really should never have said that to you. I should have never brought up Gavin, I-I know h-he meant a lot to you. It’s just… I just wanted to feel cool.” I put my hands on his shoulder and took a deep breath- here we go.

 Sam’s POV:

Connor and I watched from the living room, we heard everything. Lexie put her hands on Kian’s shoulders and let out a deep breath, “Kian… if you’re really ready for the ride of your life… then I’ll… I’ll change you.” My mouth dropped open, I thought she wasn’t going to. I glanced at Connor who was in complete shock. I shook his shoulders, “What?” I shook my head, “Just happened.” Lexie danced passed us laughing with Kian, “Again.” I looked at Connor and he mouthed to me, “Here we go… again.” I sighed and mumbled to myself, “Shit."