Chapter 13

Lexie's POV:

When we got to the park I sat down on the bottom of the slide. Kian sat down on the bench in front of me. Before we talked I looked around at my surroundings. There weren’t any kids anywhere near this park, it was as if we were the only two on a deserted island. The birds didn’t chirp like usual and the clouds weren’t shaped like flowers… instead they were shaped like blobs of white. The sky wasn’t very blue either, instead a dull color replaced it. There wasn’t any color besides ugly yellows and horrid greens and grays. This park was a disaster land. I sighed and looked back at Kian, he was already staring at me. He laughed, “So why are we here again?” I shrugged, “Well to teach you the importance of lying.” He tilted his head in confusion and the tedious look on his face matched the boring sky- lifeless and dreary, “Lying? Why lying out of all things?” I smiled, he was so oblivious to the meaning of a good lie. “Well lying is a key life lesson to me. When people lie, it’s usually to get out of doing something, like getting out of homework. But it can be also used in more difficult situations, like serious events. For example, let’s say some guy’s attacking me. But this guy, I know him… he thinks it’s funny beating me up. When he leaves, someone sees me bleeding on the woodchips here.” I motioned around at the brown squares of wooden chips beneath our feet. “So that someone tells the cops that they saw a girl half dead at the park. So the cops come and see me, they know it’s true now. So they question me, did someone beat you up? And since I know the guy that hurt me, I don’t tell them the truth…  I lie. I tell them I ran into the pole and hurt myself by accident. That’s a little lie but in a serious situation since there are cops there. Do you get it?” He gaped, looking at me like a crazy person, “I… I um I think so. So all I have to do... is lie, that’s all? And I get out of things easier?” I chuckled and nodded, “Wow Sherlock I didn’t realize you were that smart.” He laughed at me smiling. I sighed, “Let’s practice. How about we go back to my hosue and you try to tell Connor a lie?” He tilted his head to the right, “Not Sam?” I cracked up in laughter, “Sam? Sam will catch your lie in an instance!” He nodded and exhaled, “True true, very true. But what am I gonna tell him?” I thought about it and stood up off of the slide, “Uh something easy. Tell him this guy’s attacking me. That’s sorta believable, although at the same time it’s not. Whatever it should work, good luck.” He smiled and we started walking home. I hope he lies good, because a good lie is a good rebel. And I like good liars, or should I say good rebels.