Everything Will Be Okay

Ashley POV

I landed in Toronto then got in the mode. It's a totally different mindset knowing soon I'll be in a octagon and fighting a five round battle that will last seconds in my mind. In the days leading up to it I couldn't have asked for a better group to be around. Dominick had come to town to aid in my training with my coach Ryan. Then again I don't think anything could have prepared me for what was going to happen.

"Ash look... Rose Namajunas is on tv." I paused my music and wandered to the other side of the room, looking at my opponent. Her long hair was shaved and she looked like a killer.

"Ashley Davis does not know what is coming for her.... I going to destroy her spirit and body in two rounds. Do not doubt me... I will do anything to win. Including shaving my hair if it is in my way to train. She is nothing. Another no name meant to disappear." Her Russian accent sent shivers down my spine. None of my opponents were ever this dark or eerie.

"Don't let her get to you Ash..." Dominick mumbled, rubbing my shoulders in a comforting manner.

"I won't... Tomorrow I'm gonna take her down and make her eat her words." He chuckled slightly before smirking.

"That's the Ash I know... Get some sleep." I nodded before wandering to my room of the pent house. I laid down and dialed the number I always told myself to forget, yet here I was dying to hear your voice.

"Hey beautiful..."

"Hey Ger... Distract me?" You chuckled slightly before sighing. "I'm sitting in New York, sipping on a glass of whiskey and looking out at the city. I wish you were here."

"I'll be there in a couple days... I've been meaning to listen to the new album-"

"Wait till after your fight yeah? There are some songs about you and they're sentimental and shit... I don't want to mess with your vibe." I smiled to myself before pulling the blanket you.

"I promise... I'll see you soon. I need to get some sleep."

"Bye babes..." I hung up and took a deep breath before looking at the ceiling. We'd just been talking, flirting, maybe I should have listened to the album that night. Maybe it would of changed what happened.

The next day I woke up, forced myself to drink bottle after bottle of water before eating a good meal. Nothing seemed to calm my nerves, but they were good nerves. The nerves I always got before fighting. We drove to the arena, cameras and security every where. Obviously I had a drug test as did she, but the results were never tested right away.

"Ash time to get ready!" Ryan hollered as a team walked in the room. A woman started braiding my hair in cornrows as another person checked my vitals one last time. As if a saving grace my phone started to buzz.

G: you'll do great! I'll be watching x

Ash: wish me luck x

I turned off my phone before getting changed. Now my heart was thumping in my chest like a gun going off. Then came wrapping my hands before the gloves. This was it. I stood and adjusted my hoodie before starting to warm up with Dominick. I thought there was no errors to be made. That I had this one down. Yet when the team came for the walk out I was more nervous than every. Like always I walked out to I mean it, keeping a stone cold expression. I took off my hoodie and sweats before hugging my team. These are the last things I remember.

I got inspected before walking into the cage and then the lights when out as always. Rose's song came on, but I couldn't tune it out. Your voice echoed in my ears, taking every emotion to the surface.

"They say, "You know if you loved her
Well then you would have stayed
You could have made a perfect pair that people wouldn't trade"
Trade for nothing, I did though, I had to chase it
Face it, I wasn't born to live a life basic
They say, "you turned your back on us just to go and be an artist
What's a promise anyway when someone breaks it?
I bet he finally gets a shot and then he wastes it
I bet he don't come back for us when he makes it
And if he do it be too late, you gotta face it
'Cause by then there's someone new you've been replaced with
Old friends I grew up with, the girl I fell in love with
Love or hate me depending on how you judge it

The song stopped and here I was standing in front of a woman who looked like she wanted to murder me. When the bell rang it was as if my mind shut off. Round after round felt like a battle. Until her fist connected with my cheek. With each movement blood covered my face, my vision getting worse by the second. I managed to get back to standing and that was the approaching end. Her fist found my jaw and that was it. The end of it. I don't even remember hitting the ground or feeling anything after that Gerald. I was out, useless to the world. She didn't stop hitting till the referee yanked her back. People were tapping my cheek, but I couldn't hear them, see them, nothing. Usually when people get knocked out they're out for seconds. I didn't wake up that easily. I don't remember the hospital ride. The people screaming my name to wake up. I don't remember the surgery or the pain that made my head feel as if it was going to explode. All I could remember was your voice singing in the arena and the smirk on her face. She had played the best mind game ever and won.