Chapter 7

(So how was your day?) just comment for no damn reason*

Harry drops me off outside my dorm and politely says goodbye before driving off. I thought he might offer to walk me up but he just let me out of the car and left.

When I get in my room Shae is changing.

"Eeeek" she screams like a little girl when I walk in.

"Don't worry, just me" I put my hands up in defeat jokingly.

She is changing into a pair of white skinny jeans and a pink dressy shirt. She is wearing black combat boots that look amazing on her but surprise me. "I love your shoes!" I gape at her.

"Thanks" she weakly says. What is up with her? After seeing the bruises I just don't know what to say...now she has skinny jeans and black combat boots with pink laces. Yes the laces are girly but the boot balances it put making her look more mature yet tough in a way. She is amazingly beautiful, better than your dream Barbie, and she covers it with pounds of pink blush and over poofy dresses. I'm surprised she doesn't wear footie pajamas to be honest.

She leaves right away..."it's 9:00 pm Shae..."

"I see that" she curtly says to me "now I need to go, goodbye Kayla." She says trying to soften her tone but I hear he voice crack slightly at the end. What mess is she in...?

I feel terrible. To me she already seems like a little sister...a really little sister....and I just have trouble summing up what she could be doing dressed like that this late. Her bruise on her arm was clearly shone and she had eyeliner on...darker than usual. She looks beautiful when she dresses up like she did tonight! I can't get over how she takes advantage of her beauty.

I can't sleep...at all. I go over so Shae's alarm and turn it off. Course she left it on again. I drift asleep with so many thoughts on my mind that a dream doesn't have room to build in my mind.

When I wake up I have a text.

*Hey...it's Shae. I got your number from Someone else. :) just texting you so you have my number*

It was sent around midnight...I don't bother texting back. I don't know where she might be and If she has any energy to even get up. It's almost 10:00am. How did she even get my number? I am tired and drained....and hungry. I walk a few blocks down to Shirley's for breakfast. I get there around 10:30 and learn breakfast is done being served at 11, Thank god.

I go back and Shae is passed out on her bed...the poor thing looks worn out and...and...beaten?

She has another bruise...on her lower arm...of a hand print! You can clearly see the finger marks on her arm as she lies passed out on her stomach. I try to look at her face but it is facing the wall...what if she has even more bruises? What is she has worse...who could be beating her? Late at night as well...

I end up calling Harry. I remember them saying something about knowing Shae...

"Hey" his voice chimes through the phone.

"Hey Harry..."

"What's wrong you don't sound so good"

"You know Shae right?"

"Yea...we were all really close friends like a year ago. Haven't seen her for a while. Last time we spoke she dressed in black skinny jeans...combat boots...all that dark punk stuff...she even had a tongue pierci-" I cut him off.

"Yea well I think something is....something is seriously wrong with her. Can I come over and talk?"

"Yea, yea. Do you want me to pick you up?" He questions....well duh...I have no car.

"Yes please"

...

He gets here ten minutes later. The thoughts booming through my brain about Shae are giving me a headache. I don't know what could possibly be doing this...well who could possibly be doing this. And why she chooses to continue to leave...I'll never understand.

"Hya Kayla" he says trying to be silly and lighten the mood but it a not helping.

"Hi" I say flatly

He drives in silence until we arrive at the frat house. "Here. We. Are." He says every syllable to short...on purpose...another attempt to be silly...

"Oh. Kay." I respond getting out of the car.

We go in and Louis is on the couch focused on the tv and Brody...Brody from my new class is here too. "Brody is a frat guy?" I say watching g him flip through the pages I his book he is reading.

"Yea...he is new" Harry says.

He leads me into a large room at the end of the hall upstairs.."this is my room" he states as we walk in.

He sits on the end of his bed and pats the space next to him. "What you need to talk about?" He questions as I sit down

"Well it's Shae...she...she has been out really late often for the past week and she constantly has bruises on her body..she came back with a hand print on her arm today" I say staring at the carpet.

"That's terrible.." He rubs the back if his neck. "But I don't know how I can help"

"Do you know anyone that may want to or has hurt Shae before? I've seen this happen to...a friend...she doesn't like people knowing about it...but I don't want it to happen to anymore of my friends..." The memory of Kailey coming to my house with bruises and cuts runs through my mind...

"No...I really wish I could help" he says looking at the floor.

"Well there is nothing we can do...I'll just have a talk with her about it some time and get things straitened out" I sigh. I really was hoping he would know anybody...anybody to help her.

"Yeah" he says nervously "well your here. Do you want to go somewhere or hang here with me...o-or do you need some time alone?" He questions

"Id like to stay with you. I dont want to confront her now...she is passed put at the dorm." I explain "what do you have in mind we do?"

"Well there a plenty I things...um.." He stops a moment to think..."you like bowling? They have a nice bowling alley around here...oh! Or the skating rink." He starts naming things we could go out and do at this time

"Skating sounds lovely actually"

(It's a stupid ending to this chapter but I'm tired...)