Beautiful Nightmare

Have you ever imagined meeting someone and realizing they will be one of the greatest people in your life? But then you realize they are only great to you, not the other way around. They, in your world, are a beautiful nightmare.

What made them so great to you?

At first you don't notice them at all, you dont even remember meeting them. But as you become friends with others, they in turn appear in your friendship circle. You don't remember first impressions or how you said "Hi" to them..

However, as you get to know them, certain aspects and characteristics come into view.

You get to know their personality at first. You see them as a happy person who enjoys being around their friends. Their humor is dark and doesn't make sense to most people but you somehow laugh because you, in someway, understand their jokes.

Their eyes, no matter how many smiles were on their face, were like the darkest parts of the moon. They had a sadness to them, but they also had a glint as if there was still a spark in their soul.

As you get to know them more, you find this almost dark soul you've never seen before. In this darkness, you see betrayal, brokenness, and the almost inability to get close to people. You somehow feel the hurt this person has endured.. You in turn want them to smile and bring that happiness back into their soul.

You have the feeling that you would do anything to make them happy. But yet, no matter how many smiles you put on their face, you see other people betray them and rip the smiles from their life.

They are the greatest people in your life, but can make you feel like your efforts are put to shame.

You are the happiest when they are around, but they can make you feel like your prescence is a bother just by a look or act.

They can raise you up to the heavens and then with one move, smash your fragile body straight into hell.

They, in your life, are a beautiful nightmare. Someone you can't leave because to you, they are special. But they somehow, so easily, put you through a nightmare of emotions and thoughts. They may not do it on purpose but life becomes a rollercoaster when you interact with them. This is why they are a beautiful nightmare.

Somewhat like angelic demons who give off light and kill you with their darkness, they give off beauty in their personality and charms but bring you into a nightmare you can't escape that will eventually kill you or break you.

So, do you have a beautiful nightmare in your life?