Chapter 4: Familliar voice/accidental hug

Yukihara's POV

"Really ?" Maka asked,excited. "Well,yeah. It's about Medusa again." Lord Death said.

I turned to look at Kid,who was also looking at me with surprise. But we just shrugged it off.

"She's been hiding in a labratory underground. And as usual,she's planning things. Kid,this can get your twin pistols back. Cause I'm quite thinking she took them." Lord Death sighed. Kid's face suddenly turned into a frown,but he just sighed it off.

"I want you to find out what she is doing,and if she fights you,try to finish her. You may call back-up if you need." Lord Death said again. Blackstar chuckled,his hands on his waist.

"Don't worry,sir ! We'll defeat that son of a— OWW !!!" Blackstar's sentence was interrupted with Maka's slap on his back. Soul was trying to hide his laughs.

"So… Father,If there's a chance they got back… How about Yukihara ?" Kid sighed. "She's a shinigami Kid,same as you. She doesn't need a partner." Lord Death replied.

Okay,that was kinda rude to hear. Kinda.

"When are we gonna leave ?" Soul asked. "Tomorrow morning." We just nodded then he dismissed us. So we went to classes.

***

Lunch time. After Stein's sleepy dissection lessons,we're about to eat.

"Guys,I won't join you eating lunch today. I have to do something." Kid said with a sigh.

"Oh,okay." Tsubaki smiled. Kid went off,But I know something's not right. Kid was so quiet since Lord Death told us about the mission. Well,I kinda think I know why.

"Uhm,I won't too. I'll take special classes." I lied with a shy smile.

"Really ? Oh. Okay then. Goodluck !" Maka said with a smile then they walked off. I looked at Kid then approached him,then looked at his eyes.

"Something bothering you ?" I kindly asked.

He just looked back then sighed,not saying anything in return. "What is it ?" I asked once again. And this made him speak up.

"Just remember,I won't leave you." He sighed then went to the verranda. He sat on the balcony (right on the middle) then made his legs hang on the air. I walked beside him,then stared at him for a while.

"What does that mean ?" I kindly asked. He turned to look at me with a small chuckle.

"You'll see." He smiled,then patted the space beside him. I sat beside him,my legs hanging on the air also.

"Err… Okay ?" I laughed. "So. Can you tell me more about yourself ?" Kid asked.

"Hmm… Let me tell you when I was a kid. Believe it or not,I almost drowned. Because of a tadpole." I slightly giggled. He looked confused. "Huh ? Why ?" He asked.

"I was curious of how it feels to have one. So I followed it all the way to the river. Little did I know,it was 30 feet deep." I looked up at the sky.

"Who saved you then ?" Kid asked. "My brother…" I mumbled. "You have one ?" Kid asked again. I just nodded. "But that was just at the past. Last last year,he tried to kill me and take my soul for strength,then my parents knew. So they forced him to leave." I sighed. "Oh… Sorry to take that thing up." Kid apologized.

"It's okay." I smiled. "Other thing. When I was 13,I was forced to rob someone. Cause our family's needing money that time." I looked at him. He swinged his hands,looking back.

"Good thing you didn't got caught." He laughed.

"It's your turn. Tell me more." I laughed also. He put his hand under his chin,thinking.

"Nothing really special. Just my first time being robbed 2 years ago." Kid said.

"Huh ? Good thing the robber didn't killed you !" I replied. "She just took my money. That's all." Kid sighed.

"Well,atleast." I smiled. "Wanna go back ? I'm kinda getting hungry…" I shyly said,looking embarassed. He chuckled.

"Sure. Come on,let's go !" He turned around then stood up,starting to walk back. I quietly followed him.

Since it's only 15 minutes before the bell rings,we only pastries. Then went back.

***

By the end of the day,everyone went back to their homes. Kid and I are still walking back.

We we're both quiet that time. Well,only our footsteps break the silence. I was thinking about stuff… Like,how's my big brother ? It was 2 years when he disappeared like a bubble. How does he look ? And,is he back as the good big brother again ?

"Yukihara,look out !" Kid's voice pulled me out of my 'Thought Train'. I was startled then he pulled me in his chest. I can't move because of shock.

"You okay ? Dang,that car almost hit you !" He worriedly said. "Sorry." I sighed.

"You're thinking of something,right ? What is it ?" He asked.

"It's about my brother…" I answered. He slowly nodded in reply,then continued walking. We're only a meter away from the mansion,we heard a laugh. Evil laugh.

"1 more… And I'll be stronger than her…" The voice said,laughing.

"Kid… That voice is familliar…" I mumbled. "Weapon form,Yukihara."