Chapter 18: Plan

[Time skip,Back in Death City…]

Kid's POV

"2 weeks… And still counting…"

I sighed as I looked in the calendar. It's September 10 today… *sigh* like I said earlier,it's already 2 weeks since Yukihara was taken… But still,no news. Well,yesterday,something came up.

[Flashback]

"Kid ! You have to see this !" Maka's voice was heard from outside of my room. So I went to the living room.

"What ?" I blinked. Maka pointed at the tv.

"According to the investigations of the consecutive deaths of children here in Death City,the killer isn't a kishin egg or a supernatural essence. It is known as a human. A picture here is a proof that the killer is a person,and a girl. She is now being searched and is wanted from the whole Death City."

I got shocked when I saw the picture.

"Yukihara…?" I mumbled in shock.

[Flashback end]

Father assigned us to kill this girl. Even though I wanted to object and disagree,I can't. We have to,or else people in this city will slowly decrease. So it's all on us.

"Kid… I know you can't stand doing this mission…" I heard Maka's voice from the door of my room. She's leaning on my door frame,playing with one of her hair pigtails.

"What the heck do you mean,Maka ? I'm a reaper. I can handle this." I sighed,sitting on my bed.

"Being a reaper doesn't let you stop your feelings for someone,Kid. Don't fool yourself." She spoke,her eyes glued to her hair. She sighed then sat beside me.

"I know you loved Liz before. And their choice of 'leaving' made you sad." She explained.

"Shut up,Maka…" I grumbled. "Kid,before Liz. I am your bestfriend. And now that she and Patti's not here to comfort you,I'll do it. Now,tell me." Maka smiled.

"You love Yukihara-chan,don't ya ?" She whispered.

My eyes widened as she said that sentence.

"It's pretty obvious,Kid. You're eyes were looking at her in some different way." Maka laughed.

"Tch… Yeah yeah,I do… But that doesn't matter… For now. If she's not that girl father assigned us to kill,then she's still missing." I sighed.

"Look,it's never too late for something." Maka patted my head with a smile.

"What do you mean…?" I blinked,looking at her.

"She's just missing. And we're still not sure if she's that girl we have to eliminate." Maka smiled then stood up.

"Then what if it is her ?" I looked up at her.

"Her or not,there's a way. There's always a way." She patted my head again,then left.

"Yeah… I hope so,Maka…" I mumbled to myself.

[Meanwhile in Somewhere we don't know…]

Akise's POV (Ooohhhh,second one xD)

"Yukihara,hey ! Hey ! What's happening to you ?!" I shook her as she yelped in pain. She's being really weird these days… Well,everytime Medusa triggers that… Smoky stuff… She drags me outside the cell. Then everytime I go back in,something changes in her…

Aaaaaaand this is one of the changes. Medusa's been doing this for 2 weeks now… She started from… Being quiet,then started murmuring words to herself,then talking to herself,then telling me that there's a voice inside her head,then other… Crazy… Stuff…

"Yukihara,hey ! Calm down ! Tell me what happened this time !"

Yukihara's POV (Lol Rush change of POV XD)

"You're only 5 days far from being completely isolated. Congratulations,Yukihara."

The voice in my head whispered once again. It's always like this. She's always beside me,and this Idiot named Akise was trying to get me out of this trance. Beautiful trance.

I was laughing uncontrollably on the ground. I'm on the verge of falling to endless darkness,the thing I'm afraid of. My mind's still working not really good. Sometimes my own crazy side gets over me now.

"Yukihara,hold yourself !"

Then I felt something hard slap my cheek.

"Calm down ! Don't let that other side of yours take over forever ! You'll kill everyone ! Me ! Kid !"

My eyes shot wide when I heard his sentences. Kid…

"A-akise…"

I mumbled,sitting up and hugging my knees. I heard him sigh in relief.

"F*ck… I thought I lost you…" He mumbled,hugging me tight.

"I-I'm sorry… I-I can't… Stop it anymore… It grew stronger…"

I cried under my knees. I'm happy he's here. And he realized something I never expected he would.

"There's always way… No one loses to darkness completely…"

He smiled then kissed my forehead in a brotherly way… *sigh*

"Big bro… Can i… Request something to you…?"

I asked. I hope he agrees with this…

"Escape and inform Kid and the others about me…"