Subtle Can Be Brought From Blatancy

"Where did you get the firewhiskey?" 14-year-old Remus arched a single eyebrow at the two troublemakers in front of him.

"My charm and Sirius' good looks of course." James just smirked at the other boy.

"And why so much?"

"Because we are going to get the whole dorm to play drunken spin the bottle is why." This time Sirius spoke up. Remus just smiled. Smiled just for Sirius. He adored the way the other boy's eye shone a little brighter when Remus smiled.

===

Remus spun the bottle. He and most of Gryffindor it seemed were drunk, sitting in the common room in a circle. He'd already had to place a kiss on the lips of James, Eva, Becky, and Lucy. But none of those were particularly enjoyed. Remus didn't mind snogging, but there was something tedious about kissing each of them. The bottle stopped and Remus locked on to the gray eyes across from him. A few wolf whistles arose from the crowd. Remus, letting the alcohol provide a reprieve from sense, launched across the circle, closing his lips around Sirius'. Sirius kissed back. Well, this was much more enjoyable than kissing Eva, of that the teen was certain. The kissing didn't stop. Remus didn't want it to stop, and neither, it seemed, did the other set of lips.

"Oi! Get a room or get off each other. We are in the middle of a game." Some other Gryffindors agreed. Remus hadn't realized he'd been laying on top of his friend. He retook his seat, trying to hold his dignity intact. He wasn't used to being so open and unreserved in front of so many people. The night wore on, but Remus could still feel Sirius on his lips, couldn't tear his eyes away from the warm gray across the circle.

===

Days passed and things seemed almost normal between the two boys. Almost. There were subtle differences in how they interacted. Remus' eyes would linger too long on Sirius' lips, Sirius always smiled when Remus walked in, no matter what. Also, small touched occurred here and there. A lingering hand on the small of the back when passing behind one another, a brush of the arm during conversation, knees pressed together when sitting together, hands running through hair when one sat at the other's feet. You could almost hear the affections grow. You could certainly see it. But no one talked about it, just smiled or rolled their eyes when they noticed. Not even Remus and Sirius discussed it. At least at first.