A Special Dinner

Music filled the apartment, waking Remus, as had become the norm. Sighing and rubbing the sleep from his eyes, Remus made his way to the kitchen to find Lily and James and Peter were there as well. Everyone had massive grins on their faces, causing the half-dressed man to narrow his eyes at them. Grabbing his cup of tea, Remus sat down with his best friend.

"What's going on?" Remus turned to address the others in the room, shouting above the terrible music.

"Why nothing at all, Sirius just invited us to hang out for the day, you know, to celebrate my engagement to Lily Evans." James attempted to put on his best innocent smile. Remus made a skeptical noise as he picked up the newspaper.

True to form, James and Lily didn't leave. It wasn't all that unusual, though. James often spent his days lounging around with Sirius. What did surprise him was Peter's appearance. Sirius and Peter never made up, though they maintained a tension filled peace. James and Sirius played chess, with Peter watching.

"So, you are going to marry the berk, then?" Remus flashed Lily a smile.

"Yeah, I guess I am," Lily chuckled. "You know, for the longest time, I didn't think anyone would get Sirius to settle down. And then you two kissed. Looking back, I don't think there was ever anyone else for him."

"There wasn't for me, either. I guess if anyone would be totally normal about living with a werewolf, it'd be him. I couldn't have asked for better." Remus looked at his boyfriend lovingly.

"OI! You great big cheat!" A commotion broke out at the coffee table that was being used for chess. Soon, Sirius and James were yelling at each other over some loss of the game.

"Those two are too competitive for their own good. Lily, would you like me to start dinner? I was thinking Shepard's Pie." Remus stood up.

"I'd love to," Lily replied before following him to the kitchen.

"Wow, this is so yummy," James managed to say around a mouthful of potatoes.

"I feel like music," Sirius suddenly jumped up, earning a groan from everyone else. Suddenly "Do you love me?" from Fiddler on the Roof filled the apartment.

"I thought you hated musicals?" Remus was suspicious all over again.

"I do but you love them and I love you," Sirius dropped into his knees in front of Remus' seat, "and I want to love you forever. Please marry me? We may not be able to have a muggle marriage, but one day we will be able to and I want us to get married as soon as possible."

"Of course I do, you silly mutt," Remus choked out while Lily cried and James and Peter smiled.