chapter 4

EMILIA

Its been two days since my falling out with Jeremiah and finding out that he wanted a sugar daddy relationship.
Since I found out, I've been avoiding him.
He's sent me endless bouquets of flowers and cards. He's sent me expensive clothes and jewelry. That's no way to win over a girl like me. Talk to me, tell me why you want this to work out. Compromise. But then again, here I am dodging every call and text. I have such conflicting feelings about all of this.

My day at school is over and I'm headed home. My phone rings and it's Nick. I answer and connect my phone to Bluetooth.

"Hey, what are you up to today?"
He asks and I smile.
"Nothing today. I'm just headed home, going to have a little me time with a six pack of beer."
"Hahaha, can I join?"
"Um, sure. I'm going to be home in ten so drop by."
"Is your boyfriend going to be there?"
"Who? Jeremiah? He was never my boyfriend. But to answer your question no he's not. I'm staying away from that for a while."
"Alright cool, just the two of us like the good old days. Do you want me to bring food?"
"Chips please!! Oh and some Chinese food, I'm craving Chinese."
"Alrighty you got it."
"Thanks Nicky! See you soon!"
"Bye Mila."

I hang up and I pull up into the parking lot of my apartment building. I park in my parking spot and turn off my car. I grab my bag and I get out my car. I close the door and lock my car.
I walk out the parking lot and head for the mailboxes. Feeling the cool breeze and I sigh. I take my key out and unlock the mailbox and take out my mail along with Zendaya's.
I lock it again and head for the elevator.

I look through it and I see a brown long envelop. Oh shit. He was serious about sending a contract.
I think it's the contract, it's addressed to me from Jeremiah Nicolas Olivera and his personal lawyer, Peter Sanders.

I walk into the elevator and press the level 2 button and stare at the envelope. I don't know if I want to open it.
Should I? Just to read it.
The elevator door opens and I walk out. I unlock my door to my apartment and walk inside. I close the door behind me and lock it. I put my stuff on the floor and the rest of the mail on the coffee table.

I sit down on the couch with the long brown envelope in my hands.
Oh fuck it, I'll open it.
I open the envelope and take out two papers, stapled together.
I start to read it.

CONTRACT OF CONFIDENTIALITY & COMPENSATION

1. This agreement is for the services to be performed by Ms. Gonzalez for Mr. Olivera.

2. The compensation for these services shall be at whatever amount is required to provide Ms. Gonzalez adequate accommodations and expenses accrued in the normal course of her activities as a business student.

3. In return for this compensation, Ms. Gonzalez will provide the following services:

a. to keep confidentiality of the true natural of their relationship. To not tell a soul of their true relationship unless approved by Mr. Olivera.

b. all sexual acts engaged in when requested by Mr. Olivera shall be fulfilled.
If not there will be punishments, that Ms. Gonzalez will be informed of what the punishments are.
Ms. Gonzalez will have to promise and say an oath that her only sexual partner will be Mr. Olivera or there will be serious punishments to breaking the contract.

By signing this contract, Ms. Gonzalez will become sexual property of Mr. Olivera. She will also be signing an agreement to confidentiality, compensation and sexual acts.

At the bottom it has a blank line for me to sign, for Jeremiah to sign and the date.
I flip the page and the next page is all about what Jeremiah is into when having sex, safe words, types of bondage, punishments if I break rules. The type of STD tests and health tests both Jeremiah and I have to take before continuing any further physical contact.

I shake my head, property. No one is property of anyone anymore. Also everything on the second page is disgusting. Well it's hot and sexy and half of the stuff turns me on but it's insulting and down grading me.

I don't know how I feel about this. Having to keep my relationship with him a secret. I put the contract back in the envelope and close it. I toss it onto the coffee table and my phone buzzes.

Jeremiah:

*Please answer me. At least tell me you are fine. Have you received the contract? Answer.*

I roll my eyes and start typing, fuck maybe he'll leave me alone if I answer back.

Me:
*yes , I'm fine Jeremiah . Yes I have , just right now .*

I immediately get an answer back.

Jeremiah:
*What do you think? Please sign it, I want to be with you again. I miss you.*

Me:
*it's insulting . calling me property ? are you serious ? it makes me feel like all i am to you is a way to let out your frustration . how can you miss me when i haven't even known
you that long ?*

Jeremiah:
*We'll change that then. You aren't just a way to let my frustration out. Remember what I said the first day we met? You're the one I've been waiting for my whole life. I miss you because I care for you. Now let me see you.*

Me:
* i just need more time to think . Please just let me take all of this in ? I'll text or call you soon .*

Jeremiah:
*Fine. Reach out to me soon.*

I turn off my phone and groan. I don't know what I'm going to do. I want to sign it but at the same time, I want to rip it up and spit in Jeremiah's face for him to think that I will sign this.

My door opens and Nick walks in and I immediately grin at him. "I come baring food." I laugh and he closes the door. He sits down and takes out all of the food and chips.
"Where's the beer?" He asks and I laugh, "Oh right. I forgot." I giggle and stand up. I head to the fridge and take out the six pack of beer. I walk back and sit next to Nick.

We start eating when Zendaya walks in. "Hey guys!!" She chirps, Nick and I wave. "Join us." I say with my mouth full. "Oh yeah totally. I'll never pass up Chinese food." She puts her bag on the couch and sits across from Nick and I on the floor.

This is making up for the shitty part of the day involving Jeremiah.