chapter 30

EMILIA

I'm headed for work today and I'm excited to go.
I'm changing into a powder blue bodycon midi dress. It compliments my body and it's a cute dress in general.
I say good bye to Nick and Audrey as I walk out our condo.

I get to work and head up to my office. I walk up to the elevator and I'm ready to start the day even if I might have to stay behind my desk the whole day.

As I am in the elevator, my phone rings and it's Jeremiah. Don't have time for his idiocy. The elevator doors open and I walk out.
Camille, the girl at the front desk is already here.
"Ms. Gonzalez, you have more paper work. Its in your folder." She says and I smile, "Thank you." I say and walk up to my office door and take out the paper work she left in my folder.

I then open my office door and walk in and close the door behind me.
I walk over to my desk and put my bag on the cabinet behind my desk.

I then sit down at my desk and I take a deep breath, today is going to be a long day. So much paper work, even more now that Camille gave me more papers.

I grab a pen and start signing and reading pages of this paper work.
I yawn and groan, this is going to take forever.

I then look at the new pile and see that I have to do work arrangements for the people who work under my name. I need to assign responsibilities to the workers. I put the list of people who report to me in a pile and put them in groups.

There's the group who does the trials, and the market reachers, the ones who focus on the making of the software.
I groan and reassign them to new positions.

I put that into a file and continue signing papers that need my signature to start the process of getting the trails going.

•••

It's two thirty and I haven't had my break yet since I'm so busy with these papers.

As I read papers, my office phone starts ringing.
"Yes?"
"Ms. Gonzalez, there's someone here to see you."
"Alright let them in."
I say and put the phone down, I continue to read the papers.

I hear the door open, "Who are you and what do you want?" I ask, not looking up.
"I'm here to discuss business with you Emilia." I look up and roll my eyes.
"What do you want Jeremiah?" I ask and cross my arms.
"Like I said, I'm here to discuss business with you." Jeremiah walks up to my desk and I groan.

"Jeremiah, I don't have time for your idiocy." I say and stand up, "I have two piles of paper work that I need to go over by the end of the day." I say and he chuckles.
"You need to calm down, stressing about these papers isn't going to help. Trust me, I know. I am the CEO of Miah Industries." I roll my eyes and walk up to him.

"What do you want?" I ask and he chuckles, "I wanted to know where my baby girl worked." Jeremiah says and I laugh, "I'm not your baby girl. I'm engaged remember?" I cross my arms and Jeremiah chuckles, "I don't see a ring. Are you embarrassed to wear it?" Jeremiah asks as he runs his hands up and down my arms.

"I am not embarrassed, I am happy. I just don't want to bring my personal life into my work." I say and Jeremiah chuckles, "Whatever you say to make yourself feel better." Jeremiah says and he turns me around, I hit my desk and Jeremiah smirks.

"Jeremiah, you need to leave." I say and he puts his hands on my hips, "Why? Let's get you relaxed. I bet you want to feel me again before you get married. Have amazing sex, one last time before you marry Nick." Jeremiah says against my neck and in my ear.
"No, Jeremiah I can't." I say and he pulls me in and I gasp. He holds me tightly and I put my hand on his chest, "Are you sure? Your body isn't telling me no." Jeremiah says and kisses my neck and I roll my head back, "No." I say and he moves his hands down to my ass.