33 | billionaire in tenderness

Love the cover you made for this book! Thank you! 💝(: @unicornpride_123

33

B I L L I O N A I R E  I N  T E N D E R N E S S

"AND YOU ARE?" The lady stood beside me, handing me another tissue. "Katherine," I said, not intending to reveal my last name to her.

"Rosetta Sinclair." She held her hand out for me to shook and I shook it, feeling a little relaxed and happy now. "I was just like you when I was young. A total rebel."

I laughed, still feeling a little awkward about what to say. Her sudden conversation was unexpected and so was her compliment. I am still processing it. She seemed to notice and continued the conversation. "Have you ever heard of the association The Queenistas?"

My ears perked up. Of course, I have heard of them. I may have not known of Auden Milson but I have heard of this association. It's huge. It's an association for a group of people sharing a common interest, in this case, a knack for fashion. It is also a charitable association where the money collected from the charity events are given to the Child In Need Institute. It is a good thing. Though, only rich people can join this association. Also, all of the members are very beautiful you would mistake them for Victoria's Secret Models.

"It's a type of sorority?" I asked, with a little bit of doubt.

"Yes. I am the head of the association." She dragged questioningly and my eyes widened, as I looked at her with newfound respect.

"Oh."

"Would you like to join?" She questioned and I looked at her like she had grown two heads. "But, you don't know anything about me," I said and she smiled.

"You are a graceful spitfire, the way you dismissed the three musketeers who cornered you just now, showed that you have the fire inside you. I am sure they need a huge tank of water to put out that third-degree burn they just received. Especially Vanessa. You have potential. Potential to even maybe become The President—which we queenettes commonly call as The Queen of The Queenistas."

What did she just say? Am I dreaming? I was completely frozen.

She continued. "As you see, the current president is not doing her job pretty well and I'm in a situation where I cannot remove her..." She paused and thought for a while before looking at me with a newfound determination. "And, I need a spitfire like you. You are beautiful. Not the ordinary beautiful. You are beautiful in the way a forest fire is. You have fire in your soul and grace in your heart. And that is what makes you a queen." She handed me a card, practically shoving the card in my hands and gave me a kind smile. "I hope you will grant my humble request."

Humble?

"Good day, Katherine Without The Last Name." She winked and left the bathroom, leaving me in a daze. So, she did notice that I didn't mention my last name. I felt dizzy with the amount of information that was poured upon me in just a few minutes. I cleared my throat and looked down at the card. It was elegant and her name was written in cursive, a shining golden colour adorning it.

She is the coolest person I have ever met. I held the card tightly in my hands and slipped it into my purse. Walking out of the bathroom, I looked at a very concerned Auden, who quickly engulfed me in a hug.

"KitKat, are you okay? I'm so sorry. I should have done something. I made the fire that guy. He is gone. Maybe I should have brought you in by another entrance—"

"Shh." I calmed him down, sniffing his scent in and relaxed. "I'm completely fine. You didn't have to fire that guy Auden."

Poor guy. He might have been poor. This job might have been the only thing that might have helped him. Who would know? He shouldn't be fired for just making a simple girl like my trip.

"Did I do a mistake? Should I give that guy a job?" Auden asked frantically, panicking and I cupped his cheeks. "Auden. You didn't do anything wrong. Just don't fire people for silly mistakes."

"I can't seem to think rationally when it comes to people hurting you." He said, stroking his thumb along my cheek and I leaned towards it as my chest warmed up inside. I smiled. "Auden..." I dragged, unable to reply to that as my hands played with his collar.

"Are you sure you are okay?" He asked and I nodded, giving him a bright smile. "You look shocked and your eyes are brighter like you just won a battle."

I did win.

"Auden?" I asked and he raised his eyebrows waiting for me to continue. "Do I look a badass bitch?"

He smiled, a wide one before his thumb slid across my bottom lip. "You have the set-the-whole-fucking-world-on-fire look in your eyes. You are sophisticated and elegant whenever you are at peace. But, when someone messes with you, you turn into a storm, not the kind that you run from, but the kind that you chase, a beautiful one that makes people fall in love with the rain." He described me and pecked my lips. I smiled, finally believing in what the lady said.

"Are you sure you are ok?" He asked once again. I laughed this time. Should I tell him about what happened in the past five minutes? Maybe later. I didn't need him to worry about it.

"Yes, I am Auden." I kissed his nose and held his hand, leading him away from the bathroom as we reached the party. I received a few glances here and there. Auden seemed to be covering me away from everyone.

Calm down my knight in shining armour, the damsel's got balls — oh wait, I don't have any — Damsel's got uterus then.

I know that I will be receiving stares tonight. A lot of them. Being Auden's fiancé, I am going to get glared at but it is all worth it. I squeezed the hand that was holding mine and felt better all at once.

Don't you worry my pretty little mind? Feed on the stares and let's better make it worth their while and put on a show.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Hey sexy! 😉

Who loves the lady? Do you think our heroine should accept the offer? Cos Damsel's got uterus. 🤔😝

Comment, vote and share.