50 | billionaire in court

50

B I L L I O N A I R E  I N  C O U R T

"BITCHHHHHHH," SHIRA EXCLAIMED, dragging the sound to make it look sassy as she snapped her fingers up in the air. Her purple dress flowed beautifully around her. Her hair was up in a messy updo that fitted her. She had placed a butterfly-shaped clip on top of the bun. "Do you know what I just found out?" She asked, her eyes wide and alarmed. I raised my eyebrows.

I was wearing a gold-coloured dress, with a heart neckline. Auden bought it for me and I loved the frills around the hem. The elegance was bouncing off the dress and I felt like a queen. My hair was let down, curled and it bounced beautifully whenever I walked. "What did you find out?" I asked.

She neared me, her shock was still present in her eyes from whatever news she had just heard. "Vanessa is gay." She said. My eyes became wide with alert. Not due to shock, because I already know. But, how does she know?

"How did you know?" I asked, surprised.

"I heard her talking to Victoria just now." Shira shrugged and I glared at her. "I know. It's rude to eavesdrop, but I couldn't help it and my feet were refusing to walk away." She gave me a lame excuse and I pursed my lips. She scrunched her eyebrows in confusion. "But, I still don't get why she wanted to sleep with Theo," Shira said and I looked at her with sympathy due to her lack of piecing things together. She shrugged. "Whatever. As long as Theo is mine, I don't care about her." Shira rolled her eyes just as a man came to us with a silver metal plate with glasses filled with champagne.

All the while, I was thinking of what she was saying. Vanessa was talking to Victoria about her being gay? Is that a good thing? What are they talking about? Will her problem finally be solved?

My imagination ran wild and my eyes met the devil herself. She was walking away, her face red and her head down. She seemed tired and I realised that it didn't go well as it should have been. My eyes met Victoria to see her sending daggers at me. My eyes widened. She kept glaring at me for a few more seconds before walking away. I sighed. The dinner party was getting tiring already.

I drank a little from the champagne in my hands and looked at Shira who was playing with her empty glass. Soon, we were called to sit down at the huge dining table right in the middle of the huge hall.

Did I mention that we were in the house of the association itself?

Man, it was beautiful. It was huge, almost the size of a manor. There were small fountains and statues of naked ladies surrounding the front garden. The garden was decorated with roses, tulips and lilies. The aroma filled the air as I stepped in. The floors were made of glass marbles. Everything screamed posh and wealth. It was intimidating and luxurious. It felt like even the house was an old judgemental lady who was looking down upon me. And, the house wins this time. It was just too beautiful and I felt like a kid wearing rags even though I was dressed in a very expensive dress. The house was royal.

My heels made sounds as I walked towards the dinner table, me being the last because I had to urgently go to the bathroom. The dinner table was huge. It could hold at least fifty people. It looked too grand. It was glittering under the light of the chandelier hanging from the ceiling. I was afraid that the chandelier was going to drop on my head any second because it was directly above me. I took my seat right beside Auden and rubbed my hands nervously. Everyone seemed to be glancing my way. Auden immediately grabbed my hand, interlacing it with his before giving me a soft decent peck on my cheek.

The entire atmosphere seemed to shift all of a sudden. Not because of Auden but because of the others. It was tense. Everyone was looking at me and some were looking at Victoria. My eyebrows furrowed and I looked towards Auden who was giving me a reassuring glance. His eyes held anger, not for me but something else. He seemed to be furiously calm.