ROUND 3: Judge # 1

LexineMeiriona

1. What do you look for in a story?

I appreciate easily, but I'm hard to please. I don't expect for a unique story because there's nothing new under the sun, anymore. I expect for a story that's devised like it's the first of its kind, meaning, exhaust your creativity to come up with a worth-reading work. I've heard of your theme for this round, and I want you to dig deeper than what is superficial. Every song tells a story, they say; but wouldn't it be better if you've interpreted it the way nobody, or only a few, could've thought of? I think you're lucky that I haven't been exposed to a lot of literary works; the downside of it is I'd have a lot to point out, in case, since I'd have nothing to compare your work with and I'd solely base your work with what you've provided me. And oh! You must know that I get dozy by only seeing a lot of words. I want something concise and succinct but nothing's sacrificed. If I found your story as boring to begin with, I'm sorry I'll skip it.

2. How are you going to judge the entries?

Content is one. Like what I've said, I'm hard to please that's why only a work that's rich in content will have an impact on me. But I'll be lenient on this, and let my co-judges critique your work thoroughly. I'll focus on the technicalities. It's but time to correct our grammatical errors. I've razor-sharp eyes for flaws, so beware.

3. Any advice for the contestants?

If you've noticed, I'm blunt so don't expect me to sugarcoat things for you because I don't know how. Lol. Some time soon, don't be too sensitive if you'll receive harsh-sounding comments from me, okay? I just don't know how to say them amicably. Haha! Keep the usage of your tense consistent. It's one of our common mistakes, and it's hard to read when there's an ever changing shifting of tenses. That's a redundancy to emphasize that tense consistency is material. Don't use lexiphanic words (like this) to impress me or anyone because so long as they're not the proper words to use and when you could opt to use simpler ones, you won't get high marks from me. Best of luck! God bless.