ROUND 4: Guest Judge # 1

Lovebugcarrier

LIB Author

Book title: STARSTRUCK

1. What do you look for in a story?

I’ve heard that in this round, contestants were instructed to serve us a meal of happiness. I am looking for stories that can make me feel the essence of the given genre. Coherence with the theme is what matters most for me. I believe that doing your best is useless when you can’t even meet your primary objective. My expectation with the final 15 writers is very high that I’m anticipating for commendable narrations, very few to no errors, amazing twists and impeccable plots. I hate cliché. Serving me with the same menu is as disgusting as the “Nanunuot asim ng sinigang” commercial. That being said, it is safe to conclude that I am rooting to read something new. A story that will enthrall me from beginning down to the end. One that will cause me to have episodes of stomach cramps due to too much blissful lines. And lastly, I want to feel genuine happiness. BRING ME TO HEAVEN.

2. How are you going to judge the entries?

I’ll judge stories, of course, based on what I’ve mentioned on the first question. For theme coherence, writers should be heedful enough in following simple rules that were relayed to them. A responsible/efficient writer knows how to follow simple rules, am I right? How about the content?It is the meat of your dish. Make sure that you’ll serve me all of the things that I may need to be satisfied.The narration? Please. I loathe narrations that are like TV scenes - the emotion and the twists should be comprehensive enough for me to understand. Never put me into confusion or I’ll burst your grade deeper than the Marianas Trench. When it comes to delivery of lines, I can easily distinguish whether the line is authentic or forced to be said by the heroine. Remember, an authentic smile is miles farther than the forced one.

3. Any advice for the contestants?

Use a language where you can highly express your thoughts and feelings. Never use a language that you are not comfortable with. If you insist, I can assure you, that you’ll flunk in this round. Let the humor of the innermost part of your frontal lobe be alive and serve its purpose just for this time. Never force your brain to produce a juice out of nothin’. Humor is one of the most complex genres in literature. In writing a story under this genre, you need to be rational and witty enough. You should know where to attack and when to lie-low. This genre is more on how you can express yourself in a clever and funny way. Let it go naturally because what is natural is always the best. Good luck and GOD bless you